All reviewsthe pubsky tvbeer gardendowns linkfood was fantasticeggs benedictbeautiful villagewarm welcomewould stay againsouth downs waygood sizestayed for one nightfish and chipsfull english breakfastshort breakbreakfast was excellentsandwiches
Reviewed August 15, 2018

Had a budget room for 2 nights b and b for £175.Room was nice but in need of a proper clean as lots of cobwebs in the corners and looking closely you can see bed cushions were grubby. However, bed itself,floor, bathroom very clean. Bathroom sink was very small and spitting to clean your teeth was tricky.I found the room to be very hot so was very glad of the fan which i had on all the time.TV has sky so lots of viewing options.
Our room was in a seperate house to the pub overlooking the car park and garden of the pub,which was not great in the evening with noisey pub guests in the garden.We experienced the same thing in the morning with people in the car park.Unfortunately the smoke alarm in our room liked to beep about once every 3/4 hr which was irritating.In fairness, the battery probably needed changing.
Breakfast was great,help yourself to fruit,cereals,yoghurt and sliced bread to toast.Also help yourself to tea and coffee,orange and cranberry juice.Cooked option is made fresh with a lovely variety of options.
Dinner was EXCELLENT and worth every penny.
I found all staff (except the assistant manager) very warm and friendly.I had a query over the price I had paid for the room afer reading a notice on the room door stated which it is 25%cheeper if you book direct.(I did,but didnot get it cheeper) She came accross as irritated by me and stated she was busy and the manager would also be too busy to speak to me when he came in as he had a new trainee starting.I was told to e mail him.I did this ,stating that booking.com was also stating £175.I did receive a reply, all be it short stating that it would have been £200 if I had not booked direct.

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed August 14, 2018

The Castle Inn is beautiful to look at with a hanging basket floral display at the front. Upon arrival the staff member was courteous and efficient. The room was smaller than I expected and the ensuite bathroom even smaller for £110 per night,but,both were very clean and well aired.

We ate in the restaurant and the food was very good and value for money.

The village is lovely with a Mott and Bailey Castle ruins a short walk from the Hotel. The South Downs National Park is on the doorstep and well worth a visit to walk and take in the views.

A well run and very pleasant place to stay and eat.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2018

We ate in the child friendly side of the pub whilst we were cycling/camping in the area, so we turned up tired and in cycling kit to get a quick snack whilst waiting for a friend. The boys loved the chips so much that we went back later for a proper meal. The staff were friendly. I was particularly pleased that I didn't need to ask for tap water on the table it was offered. The food was of a good pub quality and we would return if we were in the area again.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

We stayed in a family room - a king size bed and a large single.

Positives:
1. Bramber's a lovely village.
2. The room was large
3. Sky TV
4. Free WiFi
5. Free Tea, Hot Chocolate, Coffee & Biscuits
6. Ensuite shower room facilities were clean and essentially functional

Negatives:
1. Communal areas need refurbishment
2. Signs about removing muddy footwear and men having to keep their tops on were off putting.

Overall, it was ok. I wouldnt rave about it but it was reasonable value.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2018

I have often joined a colleague for breakfast, which the food is fantastic, but the service is even better!! As well as looking after you, Debbie and Lois take the time to find out your name, despite me not staying there, they talk to me, they genuinely ask how I am and I always feel like I am looked after well. Many hotels offer good service but the service offered by Debbie and Lois is with care and attention and it is meaningful. Thanks Debbie and Lois for looking after me

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business