All reviewsthe pubsky tvbeer gardendowns linkfood was fantasticeggs benedictbeautiful villagewarm welcomewould stay againsouth downs waygood sizestayed for one nightfish and chipsfull english breakfastshort breakbreakfast was excellentsandwiches
Reviewed October 17, 2017

this hotel and staff are very nice and friendly would highly recommend.. they couldn't do enough for you the food was really good!! the rooms were always clean and tidy.. And what can I say about the breakfast umm amazing. thanks

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed October 15, 2017

2 twin rooms for girls walking weekend away. Rooms were exceptionally clean and comfortable. Didn't spend a lot of time in there. Bar and restaurant were great especially as not a lot else in Bramber. Staff were so friendly. Special mention for Rhian....her first day working there. She was great. Nothing was too much for her. Great service from all staff though. South Downs beautiful for walking too and Steyning town worth a visit for quirky little shops and fabulous Deli ( can't remember name).

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

It was very noisy in the room. The floor above is so creaky that the guests upstairs kept me up late and woke me up early just by moving about in their room, no fault of their own. There seems to be a constant stream of staff up down the corridor outside the bedroom, chatting at full volume. I can see precautions have been taken to stop the doves landing on the windowsill right outside but they're not working, the doves are very loud first thing outside the badly sound proofed windows. There is no soundproofing between rooms and corridor so it feels like there's constantly people in the room. I was disturbed on the morning of my departure, I had paid for a late check out but the housekeeping did not check before knocking on the door two hours before my departure time and continued to chat loudly while I was still resting in my room. My room was a good size but the bed was extremely uncomfortable and lumpy. The room was constantly very hot. I only had breakfast at the hotel and it wasn't bad but could be better.

I will say that the bedroom and ensuite were very clean with good tea and coffee facilities. The TV with Sky was excellent. The staff were pretty nice and the location is lovely. I did not eat or drink in the pub part so I can't comment on that. I wouldn't stay again.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank vertybean
Reviewed October 9, 2017

I stayed here recently with friends for 2 nights. The room was small, as was the bathroom. The soundproofing between rooms is poor, and if you're unlucky to have one of the rooms above the kitchen (probably rooms 1 and 2), don't expect to be able to get to sleep before 11:00pm. There's a good range of options at breakfast (but they seemed to be a bit short-staffed at breakfast time), and staff are quite friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms above the kitchen (1 and 2) are probably the noisiest
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 7, 2017 via mobile

Nice place. Lovely village setting. Exceptionally clean & inviting. Good size room with very comfortable beds. Tea/coffee making facilities in room. Nice bathroom too. Although sink was a little small, very large shower cubicle. Excellent choice of breakfast items. Food served pipping hot to a high standard. Most certainly would stay again. Thank you.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family