“Pleasantly surprised.”

The Saracens Head Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Towcester
Reviewed April 24, 2014

We popped on to the Saracens today for a quick drink only but we ended up having a meal as well .it was a lovely surprise to see The Saracens back on track after a few problems last year which resulted in us not returning there ( even though we are very local ) for well over 6 months .
So glad we decided to eat there. Thoroughly enjoyed our meals , great value and fantastic service.
Glad to have our local back .

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Chris_Garnett, Guest Relations Manager at The Saracens Head Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

We're really pleased that all the hardwork by the team to get the place back on track is paying off. Our aim is to make the Saracens an intregal part of community in Towcester and thank you for letting us know we're going the right way! We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

Stayed here one night on business. Olde worlde building full of character. But with nicely refurbished bathrooms, so the accomodation was to good standard. The rooms are attached to the pub serving a good selection of real ales & good selection of pub food. Food & service was excellent, followed by a nice breakfast next morning. Staff were also friendly which helps! Would definitely return here

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Chris_Garnett, Guest Relations Manager at The Saracens Head Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Thank you for your recent feedback in regards to your stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your all round stay with us and that we have achieved to provide a great experience for you and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

My parents have lived in Towcester for 17 years, and the only reason I stayed here was because there was no bedroom space for me and my partner at their house! The hotel itself is rather nice; clean and comfortable, with large rooms that are well-decorated and furnished. No problem at all with the hotel stay, although our toilet never flushed properly and the bath was stained with plaster, which was unfortunate.
The lady at the hotel Reception was lovely, as was the waitress who helped me out the next day when we had an atrocious meal. It was for a surprise 50th birthday, and although the Manager was very kind and did give us money off our bill, the food was exceptionally poor and the way the whole booking was handled, from the confusion and high-handedness over pre-orders down to a balloon we had bought being popped by the chef in the kitchen, meant that although the stay was good, it wasn't worth £80 and I certainly wouldn't have a meal there again unless I had to. The roasts ordered were mostly cold, all out of frozen packs, the steak and ale pie tasted awful, burgers cremated and even the chips were only lukewarm.
I have been a customer at this venue for years, although I now live in London, and since it has changed hands it's standards have dropped decidedly. Unfortunately, it's now a cheap Wetherspoons-type place, and if it wasn't for the two lovely girls who tried to sort my problems, and the Manager giving us a decent discount, I would have been left absolutely furious.

Room Tip: Rooms are ok if you get a cheap deal on a third party site, but eat elsewhere!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Kat_LDN0365

Many thanks for your feedback on your recent experience. I am sorry that your experience in the restaurant was not up to our usual standard, I will ensure all of your feedback is communicated to the team to ensure this doesn’t happen again. We are happy your room was comfortable. We hope to welcome you back in the near future

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Have used this hotel before so decided to have our wedding there in April 14 , after a shaky start with the planning it turned out to be a great wedding with the food excellent and the staff good .

All of our 100 guest said it was a great little venue so i would defo recommend this to others , wedding room is also good with great bed lol

Room Tip: Room 6 is the best rrom
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your time with us and I am pleased your wedding was a success. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

The Saracens Head Hotel is an excellent and well presented hotel. My room was very comfortable and the bed was excellent. Breakfast was well presented with a comprehensive menu and I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 1 which was very quiet
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Chris_Garnett, Guest Relations Manager at The Saracens Head Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Thank you for your recent review for the Saracens Head. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and our menu was to your liking. We hope to welcome you back soon

Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

We pre booked for lunch for 4 adults and 1 child. The bookings advisor sent the menu for us to pre order which was a very good idea as it was going to be very busy. Food was most delicious. My father and I had soup which was nice and hot. We all had a roast lunch and there was a good variety of vegetables. Pudds were very yummy. The waitress gave us the right amount of time between courses. She also did all our drinks orders so there was no queuing at the bar. Would highly recommend :-)

Stayed: March 2014

Thank you for recent review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your Mother’s day lunch with us. Your kind words will be passed on to the team and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

We stayed at The Saracens Head for one night after a family wedding, we were allowed to check in before 2pm as our wedding started at 2, the room was large and extremely comfortable and clean with a massive comfy bed and en suite bathroom. The manager and staff very friendly and the inclusive full English breakfast was delicious. We wouldn't hesitate in staying here again and would highly recommend.
Paul & Elaine Rossiter

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

We always try to accomodate all our guests requests regarding early check in and are pleased that we could help this time. Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay and we hope to see you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Towcester
Whittlebury Hall
Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa
The White Hart
The White Hart
#4 of 4 in Buckingham

Been to The Saracens Head Hotel? Share your experiences!