“Brilliant again”
Review of Whittlebury Hall

Whittlebury Hall
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Towcester
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Went for a day spa and overnight stay, went years ago and again had a great time. Lots of chill out time and water to really relax. Very cleans no staff friendly. Busier in the morning but quieter later on in the day. Has massage from Emma in the treatment are who was very professional and got all my knots out! At check we got upgraded as our forth anniversary and had a junior suite which was great. Sadly I can't remember the lady who did this at reception, but she was helpful and the upgrade was unexpected. Alex served us at dinner, she was very professional and helpful with my allergies. Quick service but not rushed at all and a really nice atmosphere. Loved it all and left floating after check out.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
WHGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Whittlebury Hall, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2014

Dear Jonfaithfull

Thank you for your fabulous TripAdvisor review following your visit to Whittlebury Hall in March.

We are delighted that you had another brilliant spa day and overnight stay with us and that you left feeling so chilled out and relaxed. We are so pleased that the staff really looked after you as well and that they made your fourth wedding anniversary that little bit extra special.

There are newer reviews for Whittlebury Hall

Reviewed April 9, 2014

My friend and I take the plesure of a over night stay once or twice a year at Whittlebury Hall, we have been to numerous spa's and find this has been the best one for us in terms of service, especially the facilities, excellent massages and over all ambience.
We love the heat & ice experiences theres loads to do and getting to walk around in your robe all day using their facilities couldnt be more relaxing.

We have had lunch and dinner here and both have a good choice and delicious food.
we have also stayed in a executive room with all the little perks (robe, slippers, free snacks etc) and this was also great, even though the normal rooms are also very comfortable.

If you get the opportunity then definitley have a massage here as they are very professional and leave you feeling like you really have had a great break.

Take your own flip flops as they have now started to charge £5 for slippers (they used to be free)
Robes are included as well as free fruit, water and herbal tea in the spa reception area to keep you hydrated.

We definitely recommend the place (many have already taken up our recommnendation and come back with the same views)

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Judge_Jussy
WHGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Whittlebury Hall, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2014

Dear Mwahhh

Thank you for your excellent TripAdvisor review following your visit to Whittlebury Hall in January.

We are so pleased that you always have a fabulous and relaxing time with us and continuously return to Whittlebury Hall because of the service, facilities and general ambiance. We are also glad that you make such good use of everything that the hotel and spa has to offer during your overnight spa breaks.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

I wasn't here for the Spa, but I honestly pity the "sheep dip" approach that those hoards of white robed must have been subjected to. Anyway, that forms no part of my review score at all. Just an observation.

On the face of it the place appears to be quite upmarket in appearance, but you don't have to look too hard to see that it's not too far short of requiring a facelift in decor.

Rooms :

Bed, not to my taste, nor were the pillows.
TV, freeview has limited channels, and poor reception.
Lighting, poor.
Size, not bad.

Bathroom is really poor (#158 if you're interested). Smelly drains, shower fairly pathetic, the seal around the edge of the bath looks like it's been glued back on by a five year old let loose with a sealant gun, and the panels/trim on the bath and sinks are beyond their best by a long chalk.

WIFI, free and a good connection.

Staff :

All excellent. Porter, reception, maids, resaurant, conferencing. Well done.

Conferencing :

Room was a good size, light and airy, overlooking a lawned area. Very good.

However, air con is not man enough for the job with 30 people in the room.

Flat screen TV is also not big enough, or mounted high enough, for this size of room.

Coffee and cake arrangements are good.

Food :

Breakfast, lunch, dinner. All a decent standard.

So, fine for business, but I wouldn't bring the wife!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Paul W
WHGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Whittlebury Hall, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Dear theburtonion

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review following your recent visit to Whittlebury Hall.

We are pleased that overall you had a pleasant stay with us and that you found the staff all excellent and the conference facilities good. We have a redecoration programme planned for all of our bedrooms throughout 2014 and we do hope that you will return to the hotel to see all the positive changes that are being made.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

My friend had booked for 3 of us to go and have a spa day as a treat. The facilities were good, however the staff made it harder for us to enjoy the experience. When I went for my treatment I asked the woman behind the upstairs desk where I needed to go for my treatment, she abruptly told me I needed to go and sit down. I must say the lady that did my treatment was faultless, she was pleasant and easy to talk to. When we went to lunch at our set time of 2pm, we waited for a long time to be seated even though the restaurant was not busy and staff had looked over towards us. When we were eventually seated we were given a jug of water and were not asked if we would like a drink from the menu. The waitress was not helpful, she was quite blunt. The food was okay, I've had much better but I've had worse too.
I can't fault the facilities but due to the staff I will not be returning any time soon, which is a shame!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Loops94

Dear Loops94

We are pleased that you really enjoyed the facilities and that you thought the therapist who carried out your treatment was faultless. We duly note your feedback regarding the attitude of certain members of staff and your comments have been passed on to the relevant department managers to address with their teams. We do hope that you will come and visit us again in the future.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

There was 4 people in our party at whitlebury hall and the experience was amazing.
The people were extremely friendly, the food was exquisite, we thoroughly enjoyed every minute of our stay it was sooooo relaxing.
I had a back and neck massage by a lady called Mickia and she was so good, I've never had a massage before but my experience was excellent.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
WHGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Whittlebury Hall, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Dear ellen g

Thank you for your fabulous TripAdvisor review following your recent visit to Whittlebury Hall.

We are delighted that you and your party had such an amazing and relaxing experience with us and that you thoroughly enjoyed the exquisite food. Your lovely comments regarding your treatment with Mickia have been passed on to her and to the Spa Manager as well.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future for another amazing spa break.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

myself and my husband have just returned from this hotel, we done the overnight spa package and it was great value for money. The hotel was very busy but we managed to do everything we wanted to. The food was great and the hotel staff are all very friendly. We were very relaxed after our massage and i cant wait to go back any stay here again soon ;) Thanks for a great weekend x

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LutonLovemyhols
WHGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Whittlebury Hall, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Dear LutonLovemyhols

Thank you for your lovely TripAdvisor review following your recent visit to Whittlebury Hall.

We are delighted that you and your husband had such a lovely and relaxing time with us and that you really seem to have enjoyed every aspect of your stay from the massages and facilities to the food and staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon for another great weekend.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

It was my second visit to Whittlebury Hall for the overnight spa stay package which I think is excellent value. Check in was easy and everything went as efficiently as it did the year before. The spa was lovely and relaxing and I think the heat and ice experience is good fun. My only comments are one of the heated chair things wasn't working (there are only two) and one of the foot spas didn't have a plug so only one was in use (again only two). I had the a facial and a massage as well, and I thought both were very relaxing and both girls were friendly and professional.

Lunch was good, the standards I think had improved and there was plenty of vegetarian choices. I thought dinner was absolutely fantastic, my sister and mother are vegetarians and absolutely loved what they had and were very happy. My husband and I had lamb and really enjoyed. Breakfast in the morning was also very nice and I have no complaints.

Service in all areas was very good, I feel they have high standards and work efficiently.

The room was comfortable and clean, looking a little 'tired' in places i.e. some paneling in the bathroom was damaged but it wasn't anything that affected our stay.

A great place to stay for a short, reasonably priced break and I shall be returning again this year.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
WHGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Whittlebury Hall, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2014

Dear Terri C

Thank you for your lovely TripAdvisor review following your visit to Whittlebury Hall in March.

We are delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your recent spa break with us and that you had such a lovely and relaxing time in the spa. We are also so pleased that you all thought the meals were fantastic and the service to be of an efficiently high standard.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon for another relaxing spa break.

Guest Relations Team

Also consider these accommodations in or near Towcester
Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa
Park Inn by Radisson Northampton
Hilton Northampton
Hilton Northampton
#8 of 29 in Northampton

Been to Whittlebury Hall? Share your experiences!