“Night Away”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Towcester
Banbury, England, United Kingdom
“Night Away”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Had a night away from the kids, what a relaxing time, £140 for two, Great Gym just been refurbished spent 2 and half hours, wonderful buffet lunch, quality Dinner, spacious clean room and a lovely breakfast to finish.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
louruth, Guest Relations Manager at Whittlebury Hall, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Ian U

Thank you for choosing Whittlebury Hall for your recent night away from the kids and for your feed back on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you both had a relaxing night away and got to enjoy and make use of the refurbished gym - glad you liked it!

We look forward to welcoming you both back to Whittlebury for another night soon.

Kind regards, Ruth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (418)
Bingley, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here whilst enjoying a weekend of racing at nearby Silverstone. It's a well appointed, plush hotel and is good value for money when you take into account the leisure and spa facilities. It's worth getting the dinner, bed and breakfast deal with spa access included. We ate on site and the food was good and the staff throughout were both helpful and friendly. I would definitely use this Hotel again. Note the Hotel do cater for weddings and our children were disturbed by noisy neighbours returning to their room - which can happen anywhere to be fair - luckily we had no such experience.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
louruth, Guest Relations Manager at Whittlebury Hall, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Dear UKPeterB

Thank you for your review following your enjoyable stay at Whittlebury Hall. I am delighted that we looked after you and your family during your stay ready for your event at Silverstone.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Whittlebury in the near future.

Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We spent a weekend at this hotel, requested to reduce booking to B&B as we had been invited out for dinner, they refused !! Management and staff very unhelpful. Hardly any toiletries in room, had to keep asking for more. Room not cleaned properly on second night, so disgraceful. Packed with chav party goers, so if you are looking for an over-rated hen weekend this just about sums it up. Spa facilities packed to the brim and so noisy not at all relaxing. Would never recommend, would never return

Room Tip: Use a different hotel. We have used local pubs/inns are they are far better
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
louruth, Guest Relations Manager at Whittlebury Hall, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Ann T

Thank you for your review of Whittlebury Hall and I am sorry that you were disappointed with certain aspects of your stay

I apologise if the package that you wanted was not available to you and that the available package did not meet your requirements. The full details of what was included would have been discussed at the time of making the booking and confirmed in your written confirmation. The reasons for the particular package not being available was discussed with you during your stay and in the further communications with you thereafter and I am sorry if this did not meet your expectations.

I apologise that the room was not serviced properly and your valued feedback has been passed on to the Housekeeping Manager.

I am sorry that you feel you do not wish to return to us and do hope that perhaps you would be kind to reconsider.

Kind regards, Ruth

Travelers are raving about these Towcester hotels

London
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I booked the "I don't like Mondays " package and really enjoyed myself. Arrived on sunday morning and checked in bag which was taken to room later. Went to spa and got robe and towel. Really enjoyed the spa, it was a Sunday so busy but not ridiculously so. Plenty of space and had to wait for some things like tepidarium or foot spa but not for long. Lunch buffet had good choices. Had excellent massage in afternoon. Package included dinner which I liked (ham hock starter, seared duck then cheesecake) thought restaurant was fine. Had breakfast - usual full English buffet which I enjoyed. Other cheese and meat options which all looked good. I took part in an exercise class which was fun and also went in pool which I'd not done on Sunday. I liked the roman theme and the murals round the pool. Monday was much quieter - often had steam room or sauna to myself.

I must stress though that Sunday although busier was still pleasant, I didn't experience any of the issues others have mentioned but perhaps November isn't prime spa season.

Room was average size, very clean and came with treats (wine, biscuits, pretzels etc) I slept really well, not sure if comfy bed or chilled out from massage / spa.

It wasn't cheap but I had a good time. One other positive, I was on my own and no one treated me as odd for this.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
louruth, Guest Relations Manager at Whittlebury Hall, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Makeupl

Thank you for your Trip Advisor review following your recent visit to Whittlebury Hall

I am so pleased that you had such a relaxing and enjoyable stay with us. The "I don't like Mondays" package is extremely good value for money and I am delighted that you were able to make such good use of the excellent facilities. Your lovely comments regarding your massage and meals has been passed on to the relevant teams.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Whittlebury Hall in the future

Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

We booked in for a day spa with a massage and a night in the hotel including lunch, Dinner & breakfast. £200 for my partner & myself which really is a bargain. Massage was great as well!

Food was excellent especially breakfast and the staff demeanour was excellent!

The day spa was crowded early morning but eased after lunch, it didn't really effect us to be honest but they should limit the numbers entering the hydro pool as you always felt like you couldn't be too long in each stand.

If I had any major complaints it would be about some of the other guests mainly one group of girls that thought they were at butlins, screaming shouting using obscene language. They also decided to leave their towels on the sun loungers and then go off for treatments.

Overall a lovely stay and will be back again soon!! :-)

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mark H

Thank you for your Trip Advisor review following your stay at Whittlebury Hall.

I am delighted that you had such a wonderful stay with us and that you found your package to be such good value for money. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your massage and that you found the food and staff to be excellent. We are continuously striving to improve our service and standards to provide a better guest experience.

The spa is certainly very popular and with it being one of the largest hotel spa's in the country it can accommodate the larger groups and numbers that smaller hotel's and spa's cannot and does so with a vibrant, fun and bustling environment, although I am sorry if any of the guests were a little too loud or excitable.

I certainly look forward to welcoming you and your partner back in the near future

Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We booked a spa break, arrived at lunchtime and used the heat and ice experience .. It was really over crowded, and most experiences had at least 6 people in a room. The hydrotherapy pool was packed to the point of you couldn't get in and move.. They should definitely limit the numbers they allow on one day .. We had a cream tea which was 1 small scone and a tea/coffe each for the grand sum of £9. The swimming pool area was packed - all rails were full to hang your gown and all loungers / seating taken. We had dinner in Astons restaurant, food was average but to be honest had better, there was a hair in my meal.. Although the staff were very appologetic there was nothing offered by way of glass of wine / discount which most other restaurants would. Breakfast was good except they had run out of butter as a delivery hadn't turned up so dry toast was the only option..
Overall I think it's completely overrated / over priced, and will not be returning.. however I can't fault the staff on their politeness and helpfulness.

• Stayed October 2013
louruth, Guest Relations Manager at Whittlebury Hall, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Reds7578

I was most sorry to read that you were disappointed with aspects of your stay and that the visit did not meet your personal expectations.

Whittlebury Hall does have one of the largest hotel spa's in the country and therefore can accommodate larger amounts of guests and groups that smaller hotels and bespoke spa's cannot accommodate. We therefore do advertise ourselves as being a sociable, fun spa and have just won the Good Spa Guide best Spa for the East Midlands. Weekends and school holidays do tend to be more popular than other days, when the spa can be more quieter and tranquil.

Your feedback regarding the cream tea and dinner has been passed on to the Food & Beverage Manager and it is most unusual for us not to have offered a gesture to you for the unfortunate incident with your meal. Please accept our apologies and please do feel free to contact me direct to help resolve this issue for you.

I am sorry to read that you feel you do not wish to return to us and do hope that perhaps you would be kind to reconsider. Thank you again for your feedback which is invaluable in our efforts to continually improve the quality of our guest service.

Bedford
Reviewed November 4, 2013

booked in 5 of us for a special treat for hen weekend, it was far too busy to even begin to be relaxing.

upon arrival staff did not have time or make any effort to explain what we needed to do - not even pointed in the right direction of the locker rooms or treatment rooms - simply handed a pack of instructions and sent on our way.

the girls were all very nice, all quite young inexperienced but couldn't really fault the treatments even the waiting room was all so rushed and busy it could by no means be described as relaxing.

pool/jacuzzi and steam rooms were overcrowded, only 2 of some things such as foot baths, heated couches meant you didnt get the opportunity to try everything.

nice lunch, a little bit pushy with the product sales - and please lose the welcome handshake standard welcome....... how far have you come?, is it a special occasion? - shows willing but comes across a insincere and scripted.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
louruth, Guest Relations Manager at Whittlebury Hall, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear becfleck

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor following your recent visit to the Day Spa.

I am sorry to read if you felt the spa was too busy. We do have one of the largest hotel spa's in the country and therefore can accommodate the larger groups and numbers that smaller hotel's and spa's cannot accommodate. The spa is also bustling and a sociable spa and we have just won the Good Spa Guide best spa in the East Midlands for the 2nd year running. There are however, times especially during the mid week (excluding school holidays) where the spa is tranquil. Full details upon your arrival and assistance should have been forthcoming and I duly note and thank you for your valued feedback regarding the teams and the welcome from the therapists, which has been passed on to the Spa Manager.

I do hope that you will be kind enough to visit us again in the future, perhaps on a mid week day.

Kind regards, Ruth
Also consider these accommodations in or near Towcester
Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa
Holiday Inn Express Northampton M1, Jct 15
Mercure Milton Keynes Abbey Hill
Mercure Milton Keynes Abbey Hill
#3 of 35 in Milton Keynes

Been to Whittlebury Hall? Share your experiences!