“Sleeping on a cloud”
Review of Whittlebury Hall

Whittlebury Hall
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Towcester
Reviewed July 14, 2013

My other half and I spent a night last minute at whittlebury for a much needed break. The spa is glorious. Only downside is the over chlorinated jacuzzi but the larger hydrotherapy pool more than makes up for it! Lunch isn't great but the inclusive dinner and breakfast are beautiful! Staff are friendly and everything about this place is lovely. The bed in our room was by far the highlight, we dubbed it 'the cloud' as it was so fluffy. The bathroom was lovely, Bath, double sink, toilet and bidet (that's new!!). All in all a lovely stay. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2013
louruth, Guest Relations Manager at Whittlebury Hall, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

Dear Holly T

Thank you for your recent review of Whittlebury Hall Hotel and Spa

Thank you for your lovely comments regarding the comfort of your room and about the staff. We are constantly trying to improve our standards of customer service and to provide guests with a memorable experience. I am delighted that you found the facilities, evening meal and breakfast so enjoyable and your comments about the lunch have been duly noted.

Kind regards

Ruth

Write a ReviewReviews (2,548)

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Below judgment is not only based on a one trip experience but on several staying in this hotel over the past 3 years. Personally I would never chose this Hotel, but for business purpose I don’t have the choice.

The hotel staff is well trained, courteous, friendly and helpful.

The service staff of the Hotelbar are exactly the opposite. The meaning of service is a foreign word. Eternally long waiting times, no idea what the menu offers and what not, tables full of sticky drinks; not cleaned tables, even after we asked several times, we had to stand up and do it ourselves...(situation did happen over 3 nights we were there! The only bar existing in the whole area).
Looks like they do have temporary workers at the bar. Mistake is not of the staff but of the management who does not train their staff at all!

Hotel Rooms: are a disgrace! The hotel very URGENT needs an overhaul. Carpets in rooms and corridors - very old, smelly, and dirty. Relation between price & quality is zero! I would feel ashamed to host any kind of guest in hotel with this name and history!
As a guest I want a clean room, this is a basic! Clean room, clean toilet and clean shower = even a 3 star like for example any Ibis fulfils this rule 10 times better than this hotel. The conditions of the hotel are a shame and only lives from the name only.
Curtains are absolutely disgusting. The leaky windows, mouldy and dirty with spiders and cobwebs.
Bath / Toilet = stinks and mildew shower curtain = disgusting to touch. Had showers with my tongues!

Dear Whittleburry Team = the full package which your guests do deserve is not fulfilled. The potential of this old building is amazing and deserves a refurbishment - URGENT!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
louruth, Guest Relations Manager at Whittlebury Hall, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear TheCosmopolitan1

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor review following your visit to Whittlebury Hallin June.

I am very sorry to read of your disappointing visits to Whittlebury over the past several years. Had we known at any time that you were unhappy with any aspect of your stay including the service or cleanliness and standard of your bedroom then we would have resolved the issues you personally had experienced.

Whittlebury Hall was built in 1999, with a refurbishment of the bar and function rooms taking place last year and our conference facilities are currently being upgraded. We do also have planned a refurbishment and redecoration programme of our bedrooms in 2014. In the meantime we have upgraded all of our bedrooms which are now furnished with duvets.

Should you be booked in again with us due to your work in the future then please do feel free to contact me and I would be happy to discuss any situations further and ensure you are looked after.

Kind regards, Ruth

Reviewed July 10, 2013

My daughter and I are just back from an enjoyable one night stay at Whittlebury. It was excellent value - £99 each for one night including one treatment, full use of all the facilities and lunch, dinner and breakfast. We found the spa to be clean and large - with different pools, including a hydrotherapy pool with jet sprays and bubbles. The only criticism I have is the female changing room did not have sufficient space for more than about six women getting changed at the same time, but otherwise it was fine. The treatment rooms and facilities were clean and really nice - as were the therapists.We paid for an extra treatment each - a de-lux manicure and when my daughter chipped a nail 10 minutes later - they smilingly re-did it for her.

The food was delicious - I cannot understand some of the criticisms of it on this site. It was my 1st visit but my daughter's third and she said it was very good each time. Lunch was a buffet with a choice of hot and cold food, jacket potatoes, salad, soup, beef stroganoff and vegetable goulash. Fresh fruit salad to finish. The evening meal was just as good with plenty of choice and attentive service. Breakfast was the usual hot/cold buffet.

Our room was fine - the only small quibble I have - and this is the same of many hotels - I wish they would provide face cloths. I took my own but I hate taking home wet cloths!

Overall, it was a lovely, relaxing experience and I will certainly return and would happily recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank AylesburyTish

Dear AylesburyTish

Thank you for your review of Whittlebury Hall Hotel and Spa

I am delighted that you had such a lovely and relaxing experience with us and thank you for the kind comments regarding the meals

Kind Regards

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Fantastic grounds and setting in a lovely village. Stayed here with a residential course. The spa facilities are particularly good and the place overall is very spacious. Nice room, great big bar and staff very helpful. Made my stay enjoyable. Second time I've been here and look forward to coming back.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Leonf679

Thank you for your recent review of Whittlebury Hall Hotel and Spa

I am really pleased that you had such an enjoyable stay and that you found the staff to be very helpful. Thank you too for your comments regarding the facilities and I am glad that you were able to make use of them during your stay.

Kind regards

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Fab breakfast, Rooms are nice and big and clean. If you going to F1 you must book this place. The stunning grounds and helpful staff, makes your stay so much worth while. I would defo book this again. Also i think it would be nice for a wedding of conference etc. If you like F1 then its a no brainier. Also car is safe in the car park etc. Also the sun has been out, you can take in the wonderful kept gardens.

Room Tip: Any room is fine
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Kerry P

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor reveiw following your visit to Whittlebury Hall during the F1 weekend - I am delighted you enjoyed your stay as there is certainly a great buzz at the hotel and surrounding areas during this great event.

We hope to see you again for next years Grand Prix, if not sooner.

Kind Regards, Ruth

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I went on a spa day overnight stay which included dinner. The room was very generic, lacking any character or specialness. In fact in the morning we decided to just get out of there and to wash at home as the bathroom was so small and bland. The meal in the evening was very poor. They were catering for a lot of people but the meat we had was cheap, dry and tasteless. We paid for a lunch and they had difficultly making a salad and missed out some of the ingredients which we had to highlight and they then brought us the missing bits to add in! For the money they were charging it was really below standard.

The spa was rather tacky, fake plants, too many people and it didn't feel very clean. The treatment rooms were good and the actual therapists were very good. This was the highlight of a rather depressing and disappointing stay. I wouldn't return.

It wasn't worth the cost of the hire of a car to get there. I suppose you get what you pay for and these packages are surprisingly cheap. I would rather pay more money and have a real treat of a break at a Ragdale hall etc..

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I recently attended a trade conference here and the whole event was superb, from check in to out I wanted for nothing. Hotel staff polite, helpful and above all interested !
Food was very good , had a small faux pas with the pasta production at one lunch time which did waste valuable rest time.
In all this is a superb facility and makes attending conferences or training sessions very comfortable and therefore pleasureable.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Towcester
Travelodge Towcester Silverstone
Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa
The Saracens Head Hotel
The Saracens Head Hotel
#2 of 3 in Towcester
Travelodge Milton Keynes Old Stratford
Park Inn by Radisson Northampton
Holiday Inn Express Northampton M1, Jct 15

Been to Whittlebury Hall? Share your experiences!