“Lovely hotel and spa”
Review of Whittlebury Hall

Whittlebury Hall
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Towcester
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My daughter and I are just back from an enjoyable one night stay at Whittlebury. It was excellent value - £99 each for one night including one treatment, full use of all the facilities and lunch, dinner and breakfast. We found the spa to be clean and large - with different pools, including a hydrotherapy pool with jet sprays and bubbles. The only criticism I have is the female changing room did not have sufficient space for more than about six women getting changed at the same time, but otherwise it was fine. The treatment rooms and facilities were clean and really nice - as were the therapists.We paid for an extra treatment each - a de-lux manicure and when my daughter chipped a nail 10 minutes later - they smilingly re-did it for her.

The food was delicious - I cannot understand some of the criticisms of it on this site. It was my 1st visit but my daughter's third and she said it was very good each time. Lunch was a buffet with a choice of hot and cold food, jacket potatoes, salad, soup, beef stroganoff and vegetable goulash. Fresh fruit salad to finish. The evening meal was just as good with plenty of choice and attentive service. Breakfast was the usual hot/cold buffet.

Our room was fine - the only small quibble I have - and this is the same of many hotels - I wish they would provide face cloths. I took my own but I hate taking home wet cloths!

Overall, it was a lovely, relaxing experience and I will certainly return and would happily recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank AylesburyTish
louruth, Guest Relations Manager at Whittlebury Hall, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

Dear AylesburyTish

Thank you for your review of Whittlebury Hall Hotel and Spa

I am delighted that you had such a lovely and relaxing experience with us and thank you for the kind comments regarding the meals

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future

Kind Regards

Ruth

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Fantastic grounds and setting in a lovely village. Stayed here with a residential course. The spa facilities are particularly good and the place overall is very spacious. Nice room, great big bar and staff very helpful. Made my stay enjoyable. Second time I've been here and look forward to coming back.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Leonf679

Thank you for your recent review of Whittlebury Hall Hotel and Spa

I am really pleased that you had such an enjoyable stay and that you found the staff to be very helpful. Thank you too for your comments regarding the facilities and I am glad that you were able to make use of them during your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future

Kind regards

Ruth

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Fab breakfast, Rooms are nice and big and clean. If you going to F1 you must book this place. The stunning grounds and helpful staff, makes your stay so much worth while. I would defo book this again. Also i think it would be nice for a wedding of conference etc. If you like F1 then its a no brainier. Also car is safe in the car park etc. Also the sun has been out, you can take in the wonderful kept gardens.

Room Tip: Any room is fine
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
louruth, Guest Relations Manager at Whittlebury Hall, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear Kerry P

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor reveiw following your visit to Whittlebury Hall during the F1 weekend - I am delighted you enjoyed your stay as there is certainly a great buzz at the hotel and surrounding areas during this great event.

We hope to see you again for next years Grand Prix, if not sooner.

Kind Regards, Ruth

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I went on a spa day overnight stay which included dinner. The room was very generic, lacking any character or specialness. In fact in the morning we decided to just get out of there and to wash at home as the bathroom was so small and bland. The meal in the evening was very poor. They were catering for a lot of people but the meat we had was cheap, dry and tasteless. We paid for a lunch and they had difficultly making a salad and missed out some of the ingredients which we had to highlight and they then brought us the missing bits to add in! For the money they were charging it was really below standard.

The spa was rather tacky, fake plants, too many people and it didn't feel very clean. The treatment rooms were good and the actual therapists were very good. This was the highlight of a rather depressing and disappointing stay. I wouldn't return.

It wasn't worth the cost of the hire of a car to get there. I suppose you get what you pay for and these packages are surprisingly cheap. I would rather pay more money and have a real treat of a break at a Ragdale hall etc..

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I recently attended a trade conference here and the whole event was superb, from check in to out I wanted for nothing. Hotel staff polite, helpful and above all interested !
Food was very good , had a small faux pas with the pasta production at one lunch time which did waste valuable rest time.
In all this is a superb facility and makes attending conferences or training sessions very comfortable and therefore pleasureable.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Wow!! What an experience!! We had a fantastic morning in the Heat and Ice Spa, going round and round and ending up in the central HUGE jet pool, just relaxing and chilling. Then after shower and getting ready went through to the lounge for our Champagne Tea. It was fantastic!! So relaxing. Thank you to my lovely son and daughter in law, Dan and Tam for giving us this wonderful experience as a gift. Well done Whittlebury for making it so special.

Room Tip: When we stayed here at the end of December we had a wonderful time. We had a room facing the golf c...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I was staying two nights as part of a conference and expo. A fairly mixed experience:

- Check-in: friendly and efficient. Ditto with checkout and porters etc.
- On getting to the room - this took about 10 mins, the hotel is a maze: gosh, the room is smaller than Premier Inn, yet costs more. And the windows are smaller. Again, my room was directly above the ventilation unit and extractor fan. So I dialled Reception. Whereas at Premier Inn it was answered immediately and the whole matter was dealt with within 5 mins, here I had to try calling a few times, eventually someone answered, I explained the situation and they said they would get someone to call me back. I waited 15 mins! Eventually I called again and the lady said "oh, I'd just tried to call you" which was either untrue or she had the wrong room number.
- Hotel corridors are really confusing, rooms starting 100 and 300 are on the first floor, 200 and 400 are on the second. Why this layout?!
- Breakfast was good but as others have said, the tea and coffee gets taken around in large pots... you don't get your own individual pot. And the whole room (Ascot Restaurant) is curtained - brighten it up and let the daylight in!
- WiFi is free throughout, but completely unsecure - this is not the best model!
- Bar food and service was good, ditto the buffet dinner (hog roast)
- Gym/pool was fairly small and constantly busy
- I had an issue with toilet not flushing and one of the lights in the room not working!
- At £105/night (an event discount of 50% on the usual price) inc wifi and breakfast I thought this hotel was overpriced and slightly fussy. Around £85-£90 would have been about right. I guess the Silverstone location sells it but I wasn't there for the Grand Prix.

Room Tip: Be prepared for a long walk to your room!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Towcester
Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa
Park Inn by Radisson Northampton
Hilton Northampton
Hilton Northampton
#9 of 27 in Northampton

Been to Whittlebury Hall? Share your experiences!