“Stayed here twice and will go back a third!”
Review of Whittlebury Hall

Whittlebury Hall
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Towcester
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Overall a great hotel with everthing anyone needs for an overnight...
Rooms are great, very large bathrooms, and comfortable beds ( a little soft but not bad for a hotel ).
Bar and Restaurant are excellent and staff always pleasant...

Could Not fault!

Spa AMAZING

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
louruth, Guest Relations Manager at Whittlebury Hall, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2013

Dear bristol2010

Thank you for your recent trip advisor review.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your visit to Whittlebury Hall in March and that you could not fault the hotel - thank you for your kind comments, which I have passed on to the teams.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Whittlebury Hall in the future.

There are newer reviews for Whittlebury Hall

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Don't get me wrong, great location and it looks amazing! But, bad staff- rude and snobby and after you spend all that money to go there you expect maybe a couple of fake smiles!
We went for heat and ice experience, so no actual treatments. It was a good price considering what they usually charge, as we got it at a deal price. We went 6 of us, it came with a buffet style lunch which was okay.

Room Tip: Look out for their offers!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Dear terrorT

Thak you for your recent trip advisor review following your visit to Whittlebury Hall in November.

I am pleased that overall you enjoyed the spa but I am sorry that you found any of the team to be unhelpful as this is certainly not typical of the excellent service we provide and compliments we receive on our hospitality.

I do hope that you will be kind enough to visit us again.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

My wife and I booked in for three days over the New Year period and would recommend it to our friends and family as we have done in the past.This was our forth visit and hopefully more to come.Having stayed in many hotels over the years,I could find fault in Whittlebury Hall as well as any other hotel we have stayed in but that is not what we set out to do.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
louruth, Guest Relations Manager at Whittlebury Hall, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Dear Peter P

Thank you for your recent trip advisor review following your visit to Whittlebury Hall in December.

I am delighted to read that you and your wife had another lovely stay during the New Year period and thank you for your kind comments and recommendations.

We look forward to welcoming you back later this year.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed here on their Gala event for NYE - £175 each.

The hotel is lovely, staff are nice and friendly, food was delicious, rooms were well equiped and clean. Finally the breakfast is huge and of a very good quality.

Unfortunately the Spa was cold - this was due to an incident a few days before were everything has to be "reset". We were disappointed that they hadn't told us on arrival - the spa pool was v cold, and not all the facilities were working.

What was most annoying was when I mentioned this on checkout their "PR Manager" told me that use of the spa was not included in the price. In fact I would go as far as to say she was plain and simply rude to me. I asked her to check beccause I though it was and she told me I was wrong. Great PR!!

Checked the website, and called the hotel later and I was right.....

Won't be going back with staff like this on the main desk.

Dear SomeServicePlease

Thank you for your recent trip advisor review following your visit to Whittlebury Hall on New Years Eve.

I am pleased that overall you enjoyed the Gala event and thank you for your kind comments and feedback, which has been passed on to the team.

Unfortunately a mal-function with the water temperature in the hydrotherapy pool had taken place and our Maintenance team were working as hard as they could do rectify the problem, I am sincerely sorry that you were unable to use the facilities.

I would like to assure you that it was a genuine mistake with regard to whether the spa was included in your package and there was no rudeness intended and I am most sorry for any misunderstanding. I understand that correspondence has been made between us.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Whittlebury Hall in the future.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Bought as a birthday present a day spa and three course dinner with overnight stay. A real surprise and ideal gift for anyone. relaxing afternoon followed by excellent cuisine and a great selection of wines.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Wallywelling

Dear WallyWelling

Thank you for taking the time to write a trip advisor review following your visit to Whittlebury Hall in December.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and all aspects of our facilities and look forward to welcoming you back to Whittlebury in the future.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Having already enjoyed a weekend break at Whittlebur​y Hall Hotel & Spa for my birthday in the summer I was looking forward to having a Spa Break with treatments, three course meal and upgraded to a Club Room. My wife and I stayed on 30th December and left on the 31st. We had enjoyed our previous break and felt very relaxed by the time that we left. However, due to a series of problems this time it was not the case.

Upon arrival we noticed that the place was mobbed and upon entry to the day spa we had to queue for 15 minutes before being directed to an unmanned table out in the corridor as this was where those staying overnight had to check in. After a further 5 minute wait out there someone turned up and gave us an envelope and told us to go to the locker rooms. When I got to the male locker room I found that my wristband that controlled the lockers did not work. I then had to go back to the corridor to queue. I was then told abruptly that because it was bury I had to use the a different changing room close to the gym. After all this queuing and messing around we then found in our pack that our spa treatments time had already started so we had to change and rush upstairs. The stress levels at this point were higher than when we arrived!

When in the spa it was like a beach in Blackpool. The heating was not on in the central pool which previously had been lovely and warm and now was freezing. We also struggled to use the sauna and other areas due to the number of people in the spa. We had no chance of getting any of the loungers around the main pool.

There were some good things about our visit. The food as usual was to a very high standard - lunch, dinner and breakfast and the staff although very busy did their best. Our Clubroom 153 was extremely good and highly recommended. It was larger than the last room that we booked (also a Clubroom) and the basthroom was HUGE.

This morning on waking up, however, we were hit by another problem. I woke up and went to the bathroom but upon turning on the switch a fuse blew and all the lights went out. We didnt want to call reception and have someone from Maintenance come up to our room at that time of the day so instead got up, had breakfast and left.

Some of this was our own bad luck as I know that this hotel from previous experience can be very good. However, my top tips would be:
- Avoid booking at busy times (between Christmas and New Year or maybe other bank hols) when it is likely to be busy
- Book a Clubroom - the extra to upgrade isnt much and the rooms are much better than other rooms

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
louruth, Guest Relations Manager at Whittlebury Hall, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2013

Dear boysinc3

Thank you for your recent trip advisor review and feedback, which is invaluable in our efforts to continually improve the quality of our guest service.

I am pleased that there were many aspects of your stay that you enjoyed although am most sorry to read that you encountered some disappointments and some areas did not meet your personal expectations as per previous visits. Your comments have indeed been duly noted and passed on to our teams and Managers. We are looking at ways to improve the residential spa check in procedure and hopefully when you return you will see some improvements.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Whittlebury Hall in the future.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

On arrival to the spa area, eyes starting hurting and became red and watery. When asked on several occasions the reason was unknown. After further deliberation the receptionist confirmed to another guest (swimming instructor) the chlorine levels were extremely high and hazardous to health. Other guests including us were coughing. Eyes were watering and became unwell. The hydropool was switched off and remained switched off for an hour or so. The hydropool was switched back on and we returned back to the spa area. The water in the hydropool was freezing cold and the symptoms we experienced worsened including breathing difficulties. On exit from the spa area due to the symptoms. When discussed the issues with both the duty and guest manager they were very uncorporative, unhelpful and would not admit the seriousness of the matter. In return offered that we could use the facilities the following day (today) when asked if we could have a late checkout and whether the facilities were up to scratch. The guest manager responded by informing us that the hydropool jets were not working, water remains cold and was abrupt and rude. Also the Guest Manager said that we cannot have a late checkout as the hotel is fully booked. When we spoke to reservations they confirmed that they have over 15-20 rooms available for tonight so it was apparent that the Guest Manager was not giving us the correct information. This experience has been the worse experience ever and I would recommend to go to Sherwood Forest where you will have a pleasant experience.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Zedi786

Dear Zedi768

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor.

Further to our correspondence, it was explained that unfortunately a mal-function with the water temperature in the hydrotherapy pool took place and our Maintenance team were working as hard as they could do rectify the problem, to do this the hydrotherapy pool only was closed for approximately 50 minutes and sincere apologies were made to our guests for the inconvenience. Water checks are carried out throughout the day to ensure correct limits of chemicals are being used and I can confirm that chlorine levels were correctly within health and safety guidelines. I am sorry for the issues you encountered, however several gestures or recompense solutions were made to you, all of which were sadly declined.

Kind regards, Ruth

Also consider these accommodations in or near Towcester
Fawsley Hall Hotel & Spa
#1 of 4 in Buckingham
Mercure Milton Keynes Abbey Hill
Mercure Milton Keynes Abbey Hill
#3 of 35 in Milton Keynes

Been to Whittlebury Hall? Share your experiences!