Whittlebury Hall
The Walnut Tree Inn(Northampton)
$64
Premier Inn Silverstone(Silverstone)(Great Value!)
$79
$64
$53
Hotel Campanile Northampton(Northampton)(Great Value!)
$48
  • Restaurant
Hilton Northampton(Northampton)
$84
  • Pool
$53
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Milton Keynes Old Stratford(Milton Keynes)(Great Value!)
$71
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
2,691 results
All reviewsheat and ice experiencebuffet lunchclub roomastons restaurantspa facilitiesspa breaksilverstone barleisure clubcourse dinnerhydrotherapy poolwater bedsice cavefull body massageafternoon teaice roomlarge hotelgreat spa
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here on a Sunday night break with use of the heat and ice spa during the day. All staff throughout the stay were excellent, very helpful and polite as you would expect with all we passed saying good morning as we went down to breakfast in the morning.

The spa was good and the number of people was not overcrowded and could always get in a room we wanted, although there were a couple of the the rooms which I don't think were working properly such as the Caldarium which wasn't particularly hot compared to other spas, didn't feel like it was heating the seats at all in some places also only one of the tepidariums seemed to properly heat up and work.

I paid extra to upgrade to a club room and thought it was well worth the money. The room was very large, but the bathroom was huge! Must have been about 6m x 3m at least. Plus you get a tray with a half bottle of wine and several tasty snacks. The only bad thing I could say about the room was that there was an annoying electrical hum from the fuse box above the door which was quite irritating.

The range of food at breakfast was fantastic and of good variety, quality and taste for a buffet (I think a cooked to order full English would is always better than from a buffet.) The only possible negative I could say was that as we both don't drink tea or coffee, we asked about having a hot chocolate instead as we had seen this on the list for the room service breakfast order form that you can hang outside your door. We were informed that this would cost £3.40 extra for a hot chocolate, so we didn't bother and stuck to juice (knowing that we had sachets of hot chocolate in the room on the tea tray if we wanted).

Overall I thought it was a fantastic stay and well run hotel, very clean everywhere, great rooms and have already recommended to friends. Very good value on the special Sunday night stay and spa package we booked too!

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Timja
louruth, Guest Relations Manager at Whittlebury Hall, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

Dear Timja

Thank you for your recent trip advisor review.

I am delighted that you had a fantastic Sunday night visit recently and thank you for your wonderful, kind comments. All feedback is invaluable to us in our efforts to continually improve the quality of our guest service. I have passed your feedback on to the teams.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Whittlebury Hall for another fantastic visit and hopefully all the family and friends you have kindly recommended us to.

Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

My friend and I stayed at this hotel as part of a Spa break, we had use of the whole spa area with the heat & ice experience, both had treatments and a buffet lunch all excellent and very well organised. We also stayed over, the rooms were very spacious & clean and the evening meal was lovely. We will definitely be returning to whittlebury hall for another spa break. Excellent.

• Stayed: September 2012

Dear Sweet876

Thank you for your recent review following your visit to Whittlebury Hall in September.

I am very pleased to read that you and your friend had an excellent spa break and thank you for your kind comments, which I have passed on to the teams.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Whittlebury Hall in the future.

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I stayed here as a conference delegate.

The location was good, at the end of a nice driveway, and my room was large with a comfy bed, and lots of hot water, but there were no luxuries to take it to a top class hotel. There was shampoo and conditioner, but no body lotion etc, there was a small tear on the bedspread and my window overlooked a small enclosed courtyard where birds had set up home. Fussy I know, but these are the things you notice when rooms are advertised at £200 a night on some sites...

Breakfast was good, and staff friendly, but the hotel felt empty despite the number of people because of the the rambling size of it. I would be dissapointed to stay here again as the atmosphere and luxuries just did not live up to the promise.

Room Tip: If you have mobility isses ask for a room near to reception because some of the rooms are a good 5 minute walk due to the layout of the hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Dear EvieWonder78

Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor review following your visit to Whittlebury Hall in October.

I duly note your valued comments, Elemis Body Lotion is supplied in all of our Club Rooms and our Suites as well as the usual amenities that are supplied in all bedrooms - Elemis Body Wash, Shampoo and Conditioner. I am most sorry that there was a tear on the bedspread and that there was evidence of birds from your window - something which we will look into further.

On a positive note I am pleased that the breakfast meal was good and your found the staff to be friendly and thank you for your kind comments.

I do hope that you would be kind enough to visit us again in the future and get to stay in a Club room where you will find more 'luxuries' that perhaps you are looking for.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Just spent a brilliant weekend here, from the moment we arrive and the greeting we received through to the service in the restaurant, everything was first class. The room was large and airy with a huge queen-size bed; there was a tray of goodies from sweets to wine, very comfortable. We ate in Aston’s restaurant from the Table D’hote menu but it was excellent, a good selection of choices, excellent quality and perfect size portions.

Room Tip: All the rooms are top quality
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Alan_N_CRedditch
louruth, Guest Relations Manager at Whittlebury Hall, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Dear Alan_N_CRedditch

Thank you for your recent review following your recent visit to Whittlebury Hall.

I am delighted to read that you have just spent a brilliant weekend with us and thank you for your kind comments, that I have had pleasure in passing on to the teams. I am very pleased that you found everything to be in order and had a most enjoyable stay.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to Whittlebury in the future.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

I have stayed at Whittlebury, several times, on business. Its set in a beautiful location, and has an inviting feel to it.

I cannot fault the rooms, always lovely and clean, very comfortable and come with all the perks you would expect of a good hotel. I particularly like the bathrooms all of which seem to host a large bath!

The food is also very good, always a reasonable choice at supper time, and again in the morning. Though I don't eat a cooked breakfast, I found the alternatives plentiful and moreish. Its actually nice to see a hotel offering a delicious alternative from a traditional breakfast.

My only complaint is in regard to the service. When I arrived with my colleagues we all checked in, and I noticed my room was particularly noisy due to a generator below me. I asked at the desk when I went for dinner if it would go off before the late evening, I was told yes, at 10.30pm it was still on, so I asked again, and was told any minute it would be off. As you can imagine being there on business I did not wish to arrive to a training day tired from traveling. At 11.30pm it was still on, I lost my patience, went back downstairs and asked to move. The receptionist handed me key, and then expected me, after they had lied to me, to move my luggage to another room. I was not impressed. I can't quite understand why a hotel, which charges a reasonable rate would let its guests stay in a room which is so noisy.

I have to say on other occasions I have never experienced anything so negative. Though, in general I found the hotel to be exceedingly warm, something I would suggest they put right!

This hotel has the potential to be superb, but, they need to address the service issues.

On the plus side the spa is lovely, and I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ceashley

Dear ceashley

Thank you for your recent review.

I duly note your valued feedback which is important to us in improving the quality of our guest service. I am pleased that overall you have enjoyed your stays.

As you may be aware all of our 212 bedrooms do vary in size, decor and location. We do have a small amount of units that air condition the kitchens and these are turned off when the kitchens close, this is usually around 10.30pm and the Receptionist was quite right in what she was explaining to you. The kitchen fan should indeed have been switched off at the correct time. It is very unusal for any member of the Reception and Night Team not to offer any assistance with luggage and I am most sorry for any misunderstanding and disappointment. The service you received is certainly not typical of the excellent hospitality our Front Team usually offer.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Whittlebury Hall in the future.