“Homely cafe”
Review of The Dolphin Cafe - CLOSED

The Dolphin Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: We are a small family business serving homemade food using local produce, delicious cakes and Illy coffee. Open 7 days a week, we are licensed, have free wifi & a rear garden for the summer months. Look out for our monthly Art exhibitions & Book-Crossing Zone
Towcester, United Kingdom
“Homely cafe”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Great cafe, very friendly with very polite staff. A good menu choice for vegetarians like me and big eaters like my husband with good portion sizes. Food tasty and nice choice of cakes afterwards. Will be visiting the cafe again.

• Visited February 2014

Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
“Nice breakfast”
Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

Visited the dolphin cafe on Wednesday morning and had probably the best breakfast I've ever had. Staff were very friendly and I will definitely be returning. I would strongly recommend a visit. Lovely place

Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Thumbs up!!”
Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

Brilliant little cafe in towcester, we went into the cafe as they sell illy coffee the service was excellent very friendly and polite staff. The food was quick and tasty I had a burger and my wife had the quiche. We shall be returning soon to the cafe. Nice friendly atmosphere.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank George S
London, United Kingdom
“Just ok...”
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

So, I went here alone when passing through Towcester.
The place is nice and homely inside, they sell illy coffee, which is what took me through the door, and there are some books on a shell by the sofas (which are comfy!). The thing b that let the place down was the staff. When I came in, I didn't get a sense that they were ready to serve customers. I ordered a coffee and asked the staff member if she could recommend something to eat and she just looked a bit blank... I ended up just buying a coffee. Later, I saw two staff members making snide comments about another member of staff after he forgot to take something out. Thought this was a bit off-putting.
Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed my visit, but that was mostly because of the decor, furniture and tasty coffee. The staff didn't enhance my experience at all.
Apparently the tea rooms just next door (ish) are also nice; maybe I'll give them a try next time.

Rugby, United Kingdom
“Sorry !”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Waited at the counter waiting to be served yes waited and waited while the staff had a gossip.Eventually one girl stood and glared,I took it she was going to serve me.i was wrong she got some drinks for a customer already sitting down.
When we were asked what we wanted there was no smile ,in fact felt like we were nuisances .We decided not to stay .
Service with a smile ! I think not ..

• Visited February 2014