“wonderful day with some amazing animals, and great guide!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Catanger Llamas
Ranked #1 of 15 things to do in Towcester
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: For an unforgettable experience... Discover and enjoy llama trekking in the beautiful, undulating Northamptonshire countryside, unspoilt and blissfully quiet. The perfect way to de-stress. Open all year - Booking in essential! We offer a full range of treks, llama parties, trekking vouchers, educational visits, corporate entertaining, meetings and our 'Llamarabilia' gift shop and so much more.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Glasgow, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“wonderful day with some amazing animals, and great guide!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014

myself and my husband visited Catanger Llamas as we were down at a wedding nearby. My husband loves llamas and was not disappointed. What lovely animals. You can tell they are well looked after and loved at this farm.

Our guide sarah was really great, told us all about the differences between Alpacas and Llamas, how to care for them, and some funny stories about them too. We then go out Llamas, Indigo and Tiny ted. both amazing!

The trek itself was so much fun, the grounds are vast and well maintained and the llama/alpaca were both very placid and easy to handle.

We were sad to leave them. We cannot wait to return.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Glasgow, United Kingdom
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“Fantastic Trek”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

My wife surprised me and arranged to take me to Catanger Llamas where she had previously adopted me an alpaca (I have a love of llamas and alpacas, I don't know why!).
We traveled down and were met by one of the experts who told us all about llamas and alpacas.
We then took our llamas / alpacas for a nice walk about an hour through the nearby forest which was lovely and nice and relaxing. It was really great to get up close and see the llamas - they have a lovely nature.
I'd definitely recommend a visit and we will hopefully be back in the future to see Tiny Ted again!

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Fun, friendly & fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

We have been looking forward to our trek since booking it in January and it was definitely worth the wait - everything we hoped it would be - relaxing, fun & educational too. Neither of us had any experience of handling llamas but that didn't matter as Sarah made it really easy for us. All of the llamas seemed very happy and were well behaved. I would highly recommend a visit to anyone.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

We had so much fun walking llamas. Both informative and different. I would definately recommend this place to anyone...... Grappa is my favourite!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Manchester
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“We LOVED the llama hen do!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

We visited Catanger Llamas for a hen party, and it was brilliant. We enjoyed a picnic in the barn first and then were given information about llamas by Sarah, our brilliant tour guide. We then went to choose our llamas, and all of them are completely different in looks and personality! The trek was really relaxing and was just a lovely, unusual way to spend an afternoon!