“Memorable and relaxing”

Catanger Llamas
Ranked #1 of 16 things to do in Towcester
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: For an unforgettable experience... Discover and enjoy llama trekking in the beautiful, undulating Northamptonshire countryside, unspoilt and blissfully quiet. The perfect way to de-stress. Open all year - Booking in essential! We offer a full range of treks, llama parties, trekking vouchers, educational visits, corporate entertaining, meetings, our 'Llamarabilia' gift shop and On Farm Accommodation.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed May 6, 2013

This was a surprise treat for my wife's birthday and we both loved it. The facilities at Catanger were good, the people were very nice and the llamas were just adorable. The weather was not great but it really didn't matter as we had such a good time. We learned some interesting facts but mainly just had a really peaceful and relaxing walk with the animals. My llama was called Yasser and I got so attached to him I would have taken him home if I thought the seat belt in the car would fit him! We are in our 60s but anyone reasonably fit cannot fail to enjoy this unique experience. You really should give it a try.

1  Thank EnfieldPeter
in 11 reviews
"all ages"
in 17 reviews

Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

This was a birthday present for my sister. She absolutely loved it but then so did I.
Everyone is really friendly and the sun was shining. So interesting to learn about llamas and their peculier ways. Yes I would recommend it and yes I woul do it again. Memorable day out.

1  Thank Nickyvdl
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I treated my mum to a llama trek for her 70th birthday as we are both animal mad and I knew she would love this. I managed to keep it a surprise until we turned in the gate. We weren't disappointed by our experience. It was quite a windy day and our 2 llamas (Indigo and Charlie) were frisky but beautiful and fun to walk. It was super to meet somebody who truly cared and understood about their animals. We really enjoyed the very knowledgeable talk on our arrival, and then the walk through the surrounding countryside. I would definitely recommend this experience if you enjoy doing something different. My mum didn't stop talking about it for ages afterwards. We also appreciated the recommendation of a lovely pub for a super lunch to finish the visit off with.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Whilst looking for something a little different from the usual bowling/pizza/cinema type treats for our daughter's 12th birthday we came across a website advertising llama trekking, We booked a day during half term and had a very memorable time. On arrival we were introduced to the llamas and given a brief talk on their history, habits and care. The four of us were then given a halter each and off we went, accompanied by the very informative and pleasant owner.

The llamas were exceedingly gentle and biddable. The trek was through woodland (wellies needed if wet) and was a very easy amble. Would certainly recommend this for all the family.