“A quality place to eat”

The Bull at Towcester
Ranked #7 of 38 Restaurants in Towcester
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our friendly pub and restaurant in the heart of Towcester in South Northamptonshire is open seven days a week, and is dedicated to providing our customers with great quality food and drink. When the sun is shining we have a wonderful beer garden for you to enjoy and in the winter months sit inside our cozy bar with open log fire. We serve a delicious range of home made traditional British dishes alongside a selection of starters and mains that have a Mediterranean influence. Our food is freshly prepared in our kitchen by our experienced Chefs using local suppliers and seasonal produce whenever possible.
northampton
“A quality place to eat”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

My husband and myself went to The Bull on Sunday 21st July 2013. We had never been before and were suitably impressed. The food was good, well cooked and well presented. My only complaint is they must have been short on vegetables and potatoes as I needed a magnifying glass to find them!! Their prices are okay, middle of the road I would say. A bit above the functional restaurant but not overly expensive. The place was packed for lunch time, so that said a lot about it and it appears to be popular with locals. The staff were pleasant and served with a smile, so we would recommend it and will return again in the future.

Heywood
“Not bad but it was the only place open!”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Nowhere else open on Mondays for some odd reason! Large sharing starter was lovely but the gourmet burgers lacked something but we couldn't quite put our finger on it. Rather greasy too. Ladies will appreciate the photos in the toilets - I will say no more!

Visited July 2013
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Quality food, excellent value, friendly staff”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Our second visit, both on a Groupon voucher and an excellent meal each time. There was a small but interesting menu, traditional British with a Mediterranean twist. I chose the lamb and it was the best I'd had in ages. The Dauphinoise potatoes that came with it were delicious too.

We had quite a wait for our food, but the restaurant was really busy (probably a good omen on a Monday evening!) and when we phoned ahead we were warned they were busy.
The staff were friendly and cheerful and we like the atmosphere. There's also a very pleasant garden; we would have eaten outside but the weather looked a bit dubious.

We'll certainly be back soon; the Groupon vouchers are an excellent way of tracking down the good places to eat without risking an expensive mistake.

Towcester, United Kingdom
“The Bull”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

There is always a friendly welcome from the staff who take time to advise on all dishes available and whether they are suitable to the individual needs. The bar area is perfect if you want a quiet drink or snack, and the garden area is perfect for families and even has a no smoking area for visitors who want to sit outside and not be bothered with people who may be smoking. Large car park, wonderfull food and freshly cooked at a very modest price, and spotlessly clean throughout. Well worth a visit.

Somewhere Over The Rainbow
“Nothing Bad, Nothing Special”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Went with my boyfriend one Tuesday evening, and whilst I have no real issues with the visit I don't think there was anything special about it.

Steak we both ordered was nice, little undercooked for me but nice all the same. Ordered the garlic potatoes with it, was a little disappointed in the small portion that came - maybe I should have gone with chips as the table next to us did!

The layout of the restaurant is good, and I like the back room in the pub side. Cant help but feel this is very much a locals pub. Although the food was nice, I don't think I will be returning, I preferred other restaurants in the town better.

• Visited June 2013