“Quality food, excellent value, friendly staff”

The Bull at Towcester
Ranked #7 of 38 Restaurants in Towcester
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Our friendly pub and restaurant in the heart of Towcester in South Northamptonshire is open seven days a week, and is dedicated to providing our customers with great quality food and drink. When the sun is shining we have a wonderful beer garden for you to enjoy and in the winter months sit inside our cozy bar with open log fire. We serve a delicious range of home made traditional British dishes alongside a selection of starters and mains that have a Mediterranean influence. Our food is freshly prepared in our kitchen by our experienced Chefs using local suppliers and seasonal produce whenever possible.
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Quality food, excellent value, friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

Our second visit, both on a Groupon voucher and an excellent meal each time. There was a small but interesting menu, traditional British with a Mediterranean twist. I chose the lamb and it was the best I'd had in ages. The Dauphinoise potatoes that came with it were delicious too.

We had quite a wait for our food, but the restaurant was really busy (probably a good omen on a Monday evening!) and when we phoned ahead we were warned they were busy.
The staff were friendly and cheerful and we like the atmosphere. There's also a very pleasant garden; we would have eaten outside but the weather looked a bit dubious.

We'll certainly be back soon; the Groupon vouchers are an excellent way of tracking down the good places to eat without risking an expensive mistake.

• Visited July 2013

Towcester, United Kingdom
“The Bull”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

There is always a friendly welcome from the staff who take time to advise on all dishes available and whether they are suitable to the individual needs. The bar area is perfect if you want a quiet drink or snack, and the garden area is perfect for families and even has a no smoking area for visitors who want to sit outside and not be bothered with people who may be smoking. Large car park, wonderfull food and freshly cooked at a very modest price, and spotlessly clean throughout. Well worth a visit.

• Visited July 2013
Somewhere Over The Rainbow
“Nothing Bad, Nothing Special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

Went with my boyfriend one Tuesday evening, and whilst I have no real issues with the visit I don't think there was anything special about it.

Steak we both ordered was nice, little undercooked for me but nice all the same. Ordered the garlic potatoes with it, was a little disappointed in the small portion that came - maybe I should have gone with chips as the table next to us did!

The layout of the restaurant is good, and I like the back room in the pub side. Cant help but feel this is very much a locals pub. Although the food was nice, I don't think I will be returning, I preferred other restaurants in the town better.

• Visited June 2013
Worcestershire
“Full Bull Scrumtious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Found this pub on a drive round and decided to go back for dinner, what a find, nice friendly staff, lovely fresh cooked food, real ale for my Partner, and parking outside,

Lovely clean toilets, and an extensive menu, very good food, the locals are friendly, and we really enjoyed out meals. I had a steak cooked to perfection, my Partner had a curry, both piping hot and full of flavour, tables were well spaced and comfortable, clean and not over cluttered with excessive clutter.

Visited July 2012
Roade, United Kingdom
“Unexpectedly nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

Went there with my wife with a Discount Voucher, for Rump Steak and a glass of Wine.

Very pleasant atmosphere in the restaurant, and plenty of space between the tables. Very relaxing.

Were were told that we could have Salmon or a Vegetarian alternative if we did not want the Rump Steak; and also that they would discount a bottle of wine in lieu of a glass of wine each. Very amenable ideas.

Service and food excellent,and we enjoyed the evening so much that we popped by one lunch-time for a drink and ended up having lunch there

All the staff from Alberto (the boss) to waitress and lunch time girl very professional and polite..

• Visited June 2013