“Solid Cafe”

Ranked #16 of 133 Restaurants in Wellingborough
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed December 18, 2012

We nipped in here for lunch when we were passing. Great looking place, light and relatively spacious for a traditional cafe. Quite obviously a little gold mine. We both had the chili - very definitely English cafe chili con carne rather than anything more authentic but that's pretty much what we expected. Service was a little slow but that was understandable considering how busy they were and were obviously working hard.

I'm not a local but I'm sure if I was I'd be back often.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Went in with my 2 yr old, partner and mother.
The food was lovely, nice portion sizes. I would recommend the jacket potatoes.
The staff was very friendly and even had a colouring book and pencils for my son to keep him amused. Very clean and comfortable!!

1  Thank samantha8971
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Extensive menu of meals and snacks plus a specials board. Very friendly staff, easy parking outside. Visited several times, never been disappointed. Several inependent shops adjacent to browse before or after your meal.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

I drop in now and again for a cuppa, The service and prices are ok but it is a fairly standard cafe of a reasonable standard - nothing special.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

I visited the Pumphouse with my family and we were very surprised by the great service and quality of food served.

If you're looking for that little special place that serves great quality food where you don't feel rushed to eat up quick and leave, then this is deffinately the place.

I strongly recommend the chicken club sandwich, the mango chutney filling makes this a winner.

Go visit & treat yoursel, you won't be disappointed......