“asked for mushroom curry which was really not up to what normally you get in an Indian restraunt.”
Review of Saffron

Visited May 2012

Wellingborough, United Kingdom
“just lovely”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

had not visited the saffron restaurant in a very long time
felt like a change from our usual haunts
what a lovely suprise
now must be rated as one of our favourites
everyrhing lovely from the warm greeting to the smiley goodbye
service warm and friendly attentive but not over the top
food spot on cannot praise enough
all in all a lovely dining experiance

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank dulley
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Overall a good place for a simple Friday night, would visit again without hesitation.”
Reviewed February 3, 2012

The owner remembered my name from my telephone reservation. Service was prompt. Food good and straight forward. Restaurant reassuringly busy.

Northamptonshire
“New Years Eve Cracker”
Reviewed February 1, 2012

I have been to Saffron many times.

My most recent visit was New Years Eve. I went with my parent and partner. The four of us had a fantastic evening, with a chilled atmosphere (no rushing or mania of New Years Eve), the drinks are reasonable and of a good standard, the wine was lovely.
We ordered three starters and shared, the Tandorri Mixed Starter, King Prawn Butterfly and Garlic Mushrooms, all of which were delicious (yes I tried everyones).
We each then had our mains, I had Chicken Tikka Masala with plain pilau rice and a plain naan, I know not very exciting but everytime I go in there I think I'll try something different but they do this so well that I never want to choose anything different because I'd be missing out! The curry is not hot, it is lightly spiced and creamy, with plenty of sauce, the rice portions are also perfect not too much as in other places.
My mum who does not like/cope with spicy food had the Chicken Exotica which she said was delicious and for her first every curry said made her want to try even more!

All of the dishes are lovely and well prepared. The waiters are delightful and extremely friendly. With complimentary shots of amaretto after dinner (which are always a giggle).

The food is reasonably priced and the atmosphere is great, I absolutely love this restaurant and will be going back regularly.

• Visited January 2012
Northampton, United Kingdom
“A very good choice and very reasonably priced”
Reviewed January 23, 2012

We had a lovely evening here recently with friends. The service was excellent throughout the meal and the food represented first class value for money. We went on a Wednesday evening and took the option of a starter and main course for £9.95 with a small additional supplement for duck or fish selections. The option also provides a pickles appetiser which was lovely. The menu, despite being a "special" was extensive and I was impreessed with the number of fish dishes available other than the usual "prawn" option. The only criticism regarding the food was that one of the party found the sauce accompanying a dish to be rather bland and too liquid, but all other dishes eaten were really appreciated. Being a Wednesday night in January, there were few other diners so the atmosphere was lacking. We shall certainly go back, perhaps on a Saturday next time!

• Visited January 2012