“A long disappointment ”

Franks Hamburger House
Ranked #27 of 140 Restaurants in Wellingborough
Reviewed June 2, 2018 via mobile

This is really some kind of annex to the theatre.
The dining area was quite small and reminded me somewhat of a works canteen.
It took some time to be served but that was insignificant compared with the time it took for the food to arrive. Oh the wait......
I was expecting a culinary delight to appear after such an interval, however, all that appears was a pitiful burger which was clearly bunt.
They had run out of steaks, mushrooms and Jalapeño sauce, all of which were still very much alive on the menu.
The onion rings and garlic bread could not have been more greasy.
We ordered more chips which never arrived and when we mentioned it, we were met with abrupt comments by one of the staff.
Not the place for me.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed May 17, 2018 via mobile

Every time I go to this place I leave feeling stuffed and satisfied! Excellent burgers, service good too. I had a milkshake which was lovely and the food always comes out quickly. One of my favourite restaurants!

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

Visited before show. Burger pink inside so sent back. Husband's was fine. Not much choice if not into burgers. Sharing dessert poor value and wrong ice cream and topping. Expensive for what u get.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed February 15, 2018 via mobile

We’ve been going here since it opened and loved it, but not been now for about 8 months as on a diet.

Decided to go for a treat tonight and burger was excellent but the rustic brand is disappearing. Gone are the gorgeous rustic fries in a basket and also the wood platter, both replaced by a plate.

It’s shame as I thought this was the whole point of their band and they appear to have severely cheapened the brand in my opinion.

Would think twice about another visit as without the oddities, it’s just a burger joint.

Date of visit: February 2018
2  Thank Andy_ZZZZ
Reviewed February 4, 2018

Booked a table and ate before a show in the adjacent Castle Theatre. Lovely friendly manner of lady who took my telephone booking. Food excellent - not expected because I am not used to eating proper burgers. But the best were the fries / chips - crispy on the outside yet soft inside - so good I am considering taking the owner of my local fish & chip shop there for his education.

Date of visit: February 2018