“Good food friendly staff ”

Franks Hamburger House
Ranked #27 of 139 Restaurants in Wellingborough
Reviewed April 13, 2017 via mobile

We went to franks hamburger house on a Saturday afternoon, it wasn't to busy when we got there which was a good thing as we were in a group of 15.

The food was very nice and the staff were very helpful and friendly.
As for the price I would say it's the standard price for a burger restaurant.

The layout of the restaurant itself is very basic, not in a bad way though.

If you fancy a well made burger then I would recommend going to franks, there's a nice choice of burgers on the menu and something for everyone

2  Thank nigelg848

Reviewed March 13, 2017

We went Saturday night, make sure that you book as it is really popular. The potions are big and you get chips to share, this was the only down side we prefer to put our own salt on, these were covered in it, which we all found a bit too much. The burgers were great and lots of choice. We served a Nachos for starter between the four of us. Drinks were reasonable for the beer but £17 a bit steep for the bottles of wine. However this did not distract rom what was a great night.

2  Thank Shaun M
Reviewed March 12, 2017

The portions are really large so make sure you go hungry! Hamburgers were excellent, massive portion of onion rings as a side and lovely homemade coleslaw completed this large meal, all piping hot. Yummy, the only bug bear was the seating which is very hard and uncomfortable, think Franks should think again about the tables and benches!

2  Thank KM602013
Reviewed March 2, 2017 via mobile

How rude.
All we wanted to do was enquire about food before the theatre, but we were met by a very rude lady who was insistent on telling us that they were fully booked and 'you can't eat here'

Such a shame! I've been to franks in towcester and they are so so friendly.
I don't know the area and have never been here before so politely asked where else we could get food in the area? 'You can't eat here' was the response I got. So I tried again - maybe she didn't understand me!
The rude hostess ( nadine) gave me a random name of a restaurant which meant nothing to me. So we asked where that was and were met with - in town. Again this meant nothing.
I wouldn't eat here now out of principle.

I appreciate that they were fully booked, but how rude can one person be in explaining this to visitors to an area.

It turns out a very nice chap pointed us in the direction of a place that did want our money and was very good indeed so the night wasn't ruined.
Basic manners appear to be well out of reach with this employee - be warned if you visit and haven't booked a table- they will not be accommodating at all!!!
What a pity!
What a disappointment !

4  Thank Bowyerville84
Reviewed February 16, 2017 via mobile

Great value, don't eat much during the day. We went for Valentine's Day, starter of nachos with different sauces etc. Can't remember it all, but it was on a big plate and it was for 2. It was enough for 4. We both had wraps, I had chicken and lettuce and my wife had pulled pork. Both were delicious, and so filling, finishing off with a sweet. A glass with cheesecake in the bottom, then waffles and ice cream. Topping of nuts and honey. For drinks we had a glass of wine and later a J2O, all for £56. Will go again. But just have the wrap,

1  Thank John L