“Good location and price”

Premier Inn Wellingborough Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Wellingborough
Reviewed April 8, 2013

If you need a comfortable room almost in the centre of town you should consider the Premier Inn.Very clean with friendly staff and a short walk to town.
I booked rooms for friends as we were meeting for a stag night we all slept well and had a good relaxing breakfast in the nearby Dog and Duck (just across the car park)
As with all Premiers the decor etc is formulaic but thats no bad thing as you know what to expect

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Wellingborough Hotel

Reviewed April 7, 2013

we stayed here for one night due a family wedding at Hinwick House, the front staff were very friendly, the decor was nice, the room was cold when we first arrived but soon heated up, the bathroom was a good size and there was tea and coffee. my parents were in room 102 and there heating was broken, the staff gave them a portable heater and an extra duvet so no problem.
was very quiet from the street but did here people walking and talking down the corrider. i would recommend they had another sign further out on the street as we drove past it the first time as a tree was blocking the sign and only saw it coming back the other way, apart from that, very nice stay, lovely breakfast. if i was in the area i would stay again

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stayed here for a night to attend a family funeral. I had previously rung the inn to see if it would be possible to book in early to our rooms as we needed to change after the journey for the funeral which was at 2pm that day. We arrived at 12pm to a happy and welcoming receptionist who informed us that our rooms were free which was excellent as we knew that it couldn't be guaranteed that we would be able to book in early. We were impressed with the cleaning and housekeeping staff who welcomed us as they were working and seemed very smiley and happy. I even joked to my sister the next morning that there must be something good in the water of Wellingborough after yet more cheery hellos from the staff. A 'groundsman'(?) staff even kindly warned me that my bags shoulder strap was perilously dangling near my feet and he was didn't want me to trip over it (I think he mistakenly saw the size of my stomach after the lovely breakfast I'd just had and thought I was pregnant!!). Apart from the Lovely People the room was clean and comfortable and the duvet and pillows were just "sink in and sleep". Great night's rest and we'd definitely come back to this hotel if we needed to come back up here and any Premier Inn. ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I am not a morning person and am perhaps too grumpy to begin with. But when the girls at the reseption greet you with a friendly smile, you just have to smile.

They are genuinely sorry if "my" room at the top floor is taken, they remeber my name and what I like about.

The suggestions about food and drink around the area has never been wrong.

The place is immaculately clean inside and out. From the budget hotels this is my favourite.

Room Tip: Take the far end of the corridor, less traffic noise. The hotel is at 90 degree angle to a busy road...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at several Premier Inn's before but never this one for some strange reason (Considering its within good proximity to Santa Pod). We only stayed one night but everything was spot-on. The staff were polite and helpful, the room was perfectly sized and had good heating, the bathroom was clean and spacious and the location was very quiet - Giving you a good nights sleep. What more could I ask for for £19!
The only downfall I have with Premier inn's in general is the expensive breakfast price (which all hotels have a habit of doing!) so we went down to the local Tesco and got a fry-up with orange juice and coffee for £4.50 a head.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Flaumster
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed at this Premier Inn last night,as we were attending my Granddaughters funeral in Irthlingborough.We arrived early in the morning,just to let them know we had arrived,and said we would be back later that evening,which they said would be OK.When we arrived back,and I wanted to pay with my debit card,the machine was not working.I also tried my credit card,in another one,which was also not working.Lucky I had some cash on me.I was told because,I was paying by cash,I would need some ID.What was the idea of that.I did not have my passport or my husbands driving licence with us,after some stress she said it would be alright.The room was a nice size,but no heating,and was cold.When we got up,there was still no heating on,and I could not wait to leave.There was 2 sugers,2 coffee,and 2 tea bags,very mean.After seeing so many adverts on TV,I thought it would have been better.After all,it was quite expensive,as I booked it the night before,I paid £75,for a double room,if I had booked at the weekend before it would have been £95.Then we had to pay £8.25,for a breakfast.No more Premier Inns for me.Sorry Lenny Henry.

Room Tip: We were on the Ground floor,quite noisy,with cleaners and guests leaving.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We booked disabled room and were impressed with thought and planning. The staff were even better and many thanks to all of then. One of best hotels stayed in and we have stayed in numerous.
Will be going back.

• Stayed: January 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wellingborough
Ibis Wellingborough
#1 of 1 in Stanwick
The Sharnbrook Hotel
The Sharnbrook Hotel
#1 of 2 in Sharnbrook

Been to Premier Inn Wellingborough Hotel? Share your experiences!