“Fantastic restaurant, fantastic staff, fantastic food.”
Review of Le Spice Merchant

Le Spice Merchant
Cuisines: Indian, Persian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Le Spice Merchant in Wellingborough is an innovative Indian restaurant that also serves authentic, traditional favourites. Owned and managed by award winning restaurateur Mr Imran Chowdhury.This is the brand new Indian restaurant in the culinary scene of Wellingborough.A boutique restaurant tastefully decorated with Indo- Moroccan (North African) theme with lucid lamps and light shades to bring an opulent ambience.The venue serves ''Value for Money Food'' Le Spice merchant Wellingborough is voted as the BEST INDIAN RESTAURANT by it's guests.
Reviewed November 16, 2013

We had a lovely evening for my works leaving meal, they gave us soul use of the restaurant to cater for our party of 27 and offered us a fantastic meal deal with a huge variety of food, the service was great too never had an empty glass :-)
Had a take away from here too and the food was good then, very reasonably priced & cooked to perfection.
Would recommend this place to anyone whether it's just a take away, a family meal or a large event. Will be returning that's for sure. :-)

Reviewed November 15, 2013

As Le Spice Merchant is only a few hundred yards from my home, I thought I ought to try it, being a curry fan. For years now I've been having the same curry dish wherever I go, up and down the country, and the quality has varied tremendously. I tried a takeaway from Le Spice two weeks ago and was more than pleasantly surprised; I couldn't believe it, It was probably the best curry I've had, (and it's my local !) The price, also, was better than the other local curry houses that I've tried.
I'm having another takeaway tonight, and next week I'm going to take my family there for an 'eat-in' meal. The staff there are so friendly; nothing seems to be too much trouble for them.
Well done to all at Le Spice Merchant, especially the chef. (Don't leave !)

Imranchowdhury, Owner at Le Spice Merchant, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

Dear Guest

I am honoured and humbled to read your review and we promise to give the same standard of service at all time.

With best regards

Imran chowdhury

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Please please look elsewhere and do not go here. TERRIBLE FOOD TERRIBLE SERVICE! The waiter was extremely rude and when I expressed my concerns I was told I was wrong and to look at the website due to great reviews. I would advise not to go here and avoid!

2  Thank chiv69
Imranchowdhury, Front Office Manager at Le Spice Merchant, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Dear Reviewer

Your review is totally concocted and derogatory. As you will recall that, your order was not accepted by us as we were too busy - This was relayed to you by JUST EAT ( I have the proof from ''Just Eat'' who texted you). We are disappointed that after explaining to you in great depth you felt the need to make such comment on here.

We take pride in what we do and we are very very focused to provide an excellent service. Which you can see from our guests' reviews.

We will not accept you comments and please refrain from maligning our business reputation and avoid these kind comments for other present & prospective guests to read.

we vehemently protest your review and we have asked trip advisor to deal with this kind of vedanta. we would have welcomed your comments had we accepted your order and served you with. You grievances should remain with JUST EAT and not with Le spice merchant - As I have mentioned very clearly ''we did not accept the order when it was put through, to avoid disappointment".

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Had 3 take aways form here and decided to eat in. Food was outstanding with really fantastic flavours and beautifully cooked. We were really well looked after by the owners. Will definitely go back very soon.

1  Thank Njd47
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

The food is amazing. Staff so friendly. Family run business 100% recommend. Can also recommend as takeaway. Food always hot.