“Lovely place for sandwiches, cake and coffee”
Review of The Garden Deli

The Garden Deli
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed October 25, 2018

I sat outside in the sunshine today drinking coffee and eating a sandwich. The sandwich was freshly made and very tasty indeed. Coffee was excellent too.

Good value for money.

Would definitely go again next time I'm in the area.

Reviewed October 23, 2018

The coffee here used to be fantastic. It’s gone wildly downhill....please reinstate your formerly terrific coffee!

1  Thank sally c
Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

Love the place, my venue of choice for a cuppa now.

Inexpensive, decent range and a good location.

Paul

Reviewed October 1, 2018

Met an old friend for lunch and advised to give this place a go, so glad we did it was an absolute treat, staff were friendly and the food was possibly one of the best lunches we have had, because of this we have decided to make this our go to place when meeting for a catch up,

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

Asked for the loaded breakfast as it said an egg on the menu I asked for an extra one.
3 eggs turned up all over done on thick’s bread. the key to this order was for the eggs to be runny but they were over done. Poss 3 mushrooms on there and lots of cherry tomatoes some very dry bacon deli type and rocket salad leaves. A LOT!
I did not say anything because I knew this was going to be a bad one as the coffee machine was broken down it started of bad and ended bad. I didn’t complain because I would rather pay the money not to eat this! Shocking won’t be going there again.

Date of visit: September 2018
Lovingfood95, General Manager at The Garden Deli, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2018

Hi Johnny, thank you for the feedback on your visit to The Garden Deli. It breaks my heart a little to read as we have worked very hard over 5 years to establish our position as number 1 on tripadvisor so, like all reviews, this was read by and dealt with by me personally. You are right about the bad start, to arrive on Sunday to find a coffee machine with no pressure was not a great experience for you or the staff working that shift, Sunday being the only day we have no engineering cover to fix the machine.

This broken machine dilemna was explained to you before you placed the order for drinks and your breakfast. I was not personally on the food service on Sunday but I did train the lady who prepared your breakfast and she is mortified, as am I, that you felt this way and more importantly, you felt you could not actually say anything. The staff all work very hard to ensure every single customer is treated as a friend and provide an atmosphere conducive with providing immediate feedback, both good and bad. Again, I am sorry you feel you were unable to talk to the staff on the day. As part of this feedback from you, I have reiterated both portion sizes and cooking methods. As you will appreciate, we avoid ‘frying’ items in favour of a more healthy approach but your comments regarding the bacon are appreciated.

We accept that on this day, the standard did not meet your expectations, but we trust you will take some comfort from the 162 five star reviews, that this was just one off and as always, we would love the opportunity to demonstrate this point should you wish to return.

If you would like to discuss this further with me please email me on thegardendeli@yahoo.co.uk and let us know if there is anything we can do to make this right.

Best wishes,