“Easily my favourite restaurant!”
Review of Funky Spice

Funky Spice
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Bookings and walk-ins welcomeGood for groups or partiesGood for childrenTakeawayDeliveryTable serviceAn ideal dining experience of Indian food at its best. Visit our Facebook page for great offers updated daily.
Reviewed June 30, 2013

My husband, my brother, his girlfriend and I had a fabulous meal at Funky Spice on Saturday evening. My husband had called the week before and reserved us a table, I had checked with the restaurant via Facebook what was included in their fantastically prices £12.95 for 4 courses meal deal.
We shared some poppadoms and chutneys between us, ordered our drinks and looked at the menu. We each ordered a starter, main, rice side or naan for the £12.95pp price. I chose chicken chat for starter, a lamb main, aloo paneer for side and vegetable rice. I have got to say it was amazing. The rest of the party ordered various items off the menu including all gobi, chicken Marsala, lamb bhuna, egg fried rice, mushroom rice and the chilli naan (which my brother said had a kick to it!).
We ordered another round of drinks and had a wonderful meal. We were so full up as portion sizes are very generous that the staff gladly put the leftovers in containers to take home.
The bill came to approximately £88 which with 2bottles of house wine, 4 beers and a 4 course meal for us each I thought was totally brilliant and exceptional value for money.

This is the second time we have been and we decided to introduce others to the restaurant who have given it a huge thumbs up and will be back.
To top off a great evening we were presented with a shot of either baileys or apple sours to end on. Thank you Funky Spice that was a very thoughtful thing to do and it went down a treat. Amazing food and exceptional service have again given this restaurant 5/5!

Will we be back.... Is the pope Catholic? What a gem of a restaurant. Love this place.

1  Thank Shelley1112

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Visited funky spice this week with my friends and loved it! The food came out hot and fresh and tasted great, and the service was really good. I like hot curries and koyas the friendly waiter recommended me the garlic chicken chilli sizzler and it was one of the best dishes iv had in ages.The prices were really good too.cant wait to return.

Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

I Decided to eat At funky spice after reading a number of positive reviews on trip adviser.
The meal exceeded all expectations, and been a brummy I really did not think you could get a decent curry outside of Birmingham. We ordered from the banquet menu, and each course came out freshly prepared, and each with its own unique flavour. The service equally was exemplary, and when I asked for one of the curries to be made extra hot this was willingly done for me. We finished off with coffee which was served with cream, and the kids had ice cream. I would highly recommend the restaurant and will definitely be dining there again.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Really enjoyed the food and the service faultless thanks for the good meal we ordered the chicken tikka masala and Garlic lamb which tasted great!! The staff were very friendly and the atmosphere was great

Reviewed June 11, 2013

We travel from north visiting friends and found this restaurant. Got excited by the name 'Funky Spice' so thought try there. Staff made us feel very welcomed. First impressions of the restaurant was excellent. Nice and suttle decor. Not to much just right. Food came out on time and it was fantastic. I had the Zainas special. Very tasty. Me and my friends are very picky with food, everyone enjoyed it. Wouldn't mind driving 180 miles for a meal. Keep it up guys.