“Cheap basic but doing things well”

Ibis Wellingborough
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Wellingborough
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I was worried about staying at a budget chain during an important business trip and I had heard mixed reviews. But for what they charge, the quality and what you get, then they do exactly what it says on the tin. Friendly help staff who couldn't help enough. Cheap good quality meals, large buffet choice at breakfast with unlimited stuff. Room was modern, clean, spacious and everything worked. It was cleaned every day and I've stayed 3 days and wouldn't hesitate to come back. It is not the standard of a large luxurious hotel but you have not paid that money. If your looking for clean basic functional on a budget this is the place. The staff made it for me, many were foreign but all were helpful and happy and went out of their way to help me with all sorts of stuff. My evening meals were excellent. If you need to stay in Wellingborough give it a go. It would have been five stars but I don't think its right that guests have to choose to pay £10 a night broadband, on a plus note mobile internet 3g and H reception was great in my room so wasnt a big issue.

Room Tip: leave it to the staff, its all good
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
IbisWellingboroughGM, General Manager at Ibis Wellingborough, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Regarding the internet connection, we are happy to let you know that we will have free internet connection in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

There are newer reviews for Ibis Wellingborough

Reviewed March 15, 2013

stayed for 4 nights, bedroom was clean and presentable and was able to sleep well the service was good, found the staff helpful and friendly, breakfast was fine was a little on the expensive side, the location was not near to any local amenities that are walking distance, feel the hotel isn't located well

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
IbisWellingboroughGM, Front Office Manager at Ibis Wellingborough, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comments about your recent stay with us. We do value our guest feedback and do aim to ensure that we meet guest expectations. Lot of our customers choose our hotel because of its location ( only 1 minute from the A45 and 2 minutes by walking distance to a Pub). I would like to express my sincere apologies as in your case, the location did not meet your expectations. However, I am glad that the staff provided a good service during your stay, they will be pleased to see your comments.
I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Ibis in the future.
Thank you once again for your comments.

Best regards,

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Easy to find location, excellent staff on duty at Reception who were friendly and professional, taking the time to explain everything we needed to know to have an enjoyable stay. We had a very pleasant room with a large comfortable bed.
The Reception area was bigger than we expected, well appointed and accessible. Breakfast, although an extra cost was very good value and delicious.

The friendly and courteous staff helped us to enjoy a relaxing stay. We never felt ignored or hurried, as we took time to sit and read the free Sunday newspaper after a leisurely breakfast.

Overall a very enjoyable stay and would definitely recommend IBIS hotel at Wellingborough.

Room Tip: Room face either the car park of a main road. As soundproofing is excellent neither location should...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
IbisWellingboroughGM, General Manager at Ibis Wellingborough, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Kind regards,

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I have stayed at the Wellingborough Ibis many times before when visiting my family and always enjoyed my stay. This time, though, the mattresses and pillows had changed and were even more comfortable than before. I stayed alone as my husband had to go back to work and felt totally safe and secure. I will definitely be staying here again

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
IbisWellingboroughGM, General Manager at Ibis Wellingborough, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am happy to see that you are frequent guest in ibis, and the team will be very pleased to see your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Best Regards,

Reviewed February 17, 2013

This is our second time in a Ibis Hotel.I think this was even better than last time and we enjoyed our first stay.Although this is a budget hotel chain i am told, we found the staff very friendly and helpful,the corridor leading to our room was clean and smell free and the room very clean and modern we had a great nights sleep.and for a saturday night very quiet, Thank You.

Room Tip: Just one thing and i was surprised by,dogs are allowed in the rooms which was a bit off putting but...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
IbisWellingboroughGM, General Manager at Ibis Wellingborough, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Kind regards,

Reviewed February 13, 2013

We stay here regularly as it is close to our daughters, the service is always good and the reception staff ALWAYS polite, check in is quick - as we bring our little dog we are allocated a room on the ground floor, it is always cleaned well, the bedding is crisp and the hotel has new beds/pillows, these are really comfortable and both my husband and i have a good sleep, the room comes with tv, hairdryer and courtesy tray, wi-fi if required and plug in to your mp3 player bathrooms and shower well cleaned with guest soap provided, i would say bring a hand towel as only bath ones are provided. we do not use the bar services or breakfasts so cannot comment on these. as for location there is a lovely pub (the priory) opposite for a really nice evening or lunch time meal/snack, there is also a Mcdonalds next to the hotel

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for sharing your experience after your recent visit to Ibis Wellingborough. Guest feedback helps us measure our performance and always improve the quality of our services. We work hard to provide excellence in product and service and we appreciate when guests acknowledge our efforts. Thank you again and we look forward to your next stay with us.
Kind Regards

Reviewed February 10, 2013

As a basic chain hotel I didn't expect the Ritz but even so I was really disappointed!
There were cobwebs all over my room and black mould around the shower. I like to sleep with a window open but the windows were locked and I didn't dare try to open them as they looked to be connected to some kind of alarm. There were only channels 1-5 on the TV and no free wi-fi which is pretty poor for around £40 per night. Most hotels these days have at least free wi-fi for guests and full freeview service. The 'bar' area was also the reception - cold and uninviting, and very expensive. I saw more of the hotel's guests in the pub across the road and also in McDonalds next door. Last but not least - locating the smoking area at the front door to the hotel is really off putting for non-smokers, walking through a cloud of smoke does not give a very good first impression. I'm not saying people should not smoke, just that a sheltered area away from the front door might be a better idea.
On the plus side - the staff were friendly at check in and check out and respected privacy when doing housekeeping.
Don't think I will be using ibis again if they are all like this. Poor value for money - poor cleanliness - too basic for the fees charged.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for posting your thoughts on here. As I already explained to you by email, feedback from guests is invaluable to our efforts to continually improve the quality of our services. For your comfort in the future, please also be assured that Ibis staff is always available 24h to assist with any queries during your stay. I hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Ibis in the future and better meeting your expectations.
Best Regards,
Cristina Serrano

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wellingborough
The Hind Hotel
#28 of 29 in Northampton
The Stanwick Hotel
The Stanwick Hotel
#1 of 1 in Stanwick

Been to Ibis Wellingborough? Share your experiences!