“Petrol Head's Paradise!”
Review of Santa Pod Raceway

Santa Pod Raceway
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We've travelled down to Santa Pod twice now from Scotland to see the FIA Top Fuel Drag Cars and have never been disappointed. Both trips have been when large events are taking place so lots to do and see, food stalls are great, monster truck rides, helicopter rides and all the quarter mile action you can handle!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Went to the Main Event and what a great day we had. Plenty to see and do and lots of good clean food stalls etc.

1  Thank Chippo
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Hi, I have just been to the FIA "Main Event" for one day (Saturday). It cost me £35 to get in. This allowed access all areas including the pit area. It didn't include the Grandstand and there was an extra charge for this. The noise and speed is in a word, awesome. I stood on the grass bank next to the "Tree" or traffic lights for those who have never been before.
If you are taking children ear defenders are an absolute must as the noise is ear shattering. The noise will also rearrange your organs in your body it is that mad and I am not exaggerating.
Where else will you see 8000bhp race cars that push the driver 6g on acceleration and two cars racing have more horsepower than the entire grid of an F1 race?
I have been going to Santa Pod for over 25 years and it has come a long way in its development and the investment shows. Children are catered for with entertainment but would get bored after a while. My kids always wanted to leave after a couple of hours but I love it so much I was staying from start to finish....it is that good in my opinion. I was there from 09:00 to 20:00 last Saturday.
The only downside which has really annoyed me for a long time is all the "Official photographers" who are almost shoulder to shoulder along the start so taking a photo without these muppets in the way is almost impossible. I cannot understand the need for almost 20 photographers taking the same photo (are they all so bad it takes 20 to get a decent photo)
So, in summary an excellent day out for hard-core petrol heads but don't expect to get a photo without it being spoilt by the muppets.

2  Thank TIM C
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was a first for me and I went with some friends who had never been to drag racing before. It is a spectacle to behold and the fearless individuals who sit in these machines remind me of those "magnificent men and their flying machines" - You have to be slightly mad to pilot a vehicle to speeds close to 300 miles per hour in a matter of 4 seconds or so. The main braking system is one or two parachutes which you hope will come out at the right time to stop you. The jet car and jet bike are absolutely wild - and very noisy. At one point on vehicle take off I almost dropped my camera, this I have been told is a common occurrence !. You do need serious ear defenders or plugs and not to be of frail health or anxious disposition.
For the serious petrol-heads you can wander freely around the pits and the guys are usually willing to answer questions.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Top fuel dragster action packed weekend.If you have never been to a meeting of this kind then this is the one to go to! First round of the European finals with cars running 8000 hp and 0 to 100 mph in less than 1 second. Whilst this is happening there are all sorts of other attractions going on such as monster trucks, fun fair, stunt cars and even a fly past by a Lancaster bomber with a spitfire at each wing tip. All this for £35 and under 16s go free. There is also on site camping if you want to make a weekend of it ( at extra cost obviously) . We only paid £ 24.75 admission with an online pre booking and promo code. Also you have access to the pits if you fancy seeing it up close. If you like motors then i would recommend you try this, you won't be disapointed.