“short pleasant stay”

Oak House Private Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wellingborough
Oak House Private Hotel
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I stayed at this Oak House for one night in late July and found the hotel to be clean, quiet and comfortable. It is within walking distance of the high street/ town centre. The price was keen for the quality of room and the service was friendly. Room was on suite, roomy clean, tidy and well appointed. TV. DVD and free WiFi all included. Breakfast was ample. I can recommend this hotel for anyone looking for quality and value. Anthony

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Anthony H

Reviewed July 20, 2012

Thank you very much for our stay ,clean rooms great breakfast , like help your self at the bar ,and write your own tab trust!! very good
great position for the town , lots of history round here..
once again thanks

stewart (rockline)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank stewy1579
Reviewed June 16, 2012

The accommodation was clean, comfortable, with everything I needed thoughtfully supplied. As the weather was unseasonably chilly Gayle immediately turned on the heating in my room. When I mentioned that I was re-visiting Wellingborough where I once lived as a child, she helpfully pointed out some books on the lounge shelves with old photographs of the town. She also directed me to the new local museum, and all of this added greatly to the interest and enjoyment of my stay.
I can thoroughly recommend Oak House Hotel, and hope to visit again before long.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Donald C
Reviewed December 19, 2011

I hadn't realised this hotel was here, only for the failing of another hotel did I broaden my search, a blessing in disguise.
What a warm friendly welcome from Gayle! first impressions, crisp clean reception area and everyone with a happy face. I was shown to my room which was large, clean,modern,TV Dvd, everything you would expect including fluffy towels and a great en suite shower bathroom. When I returned from my trip out for dinner, I parked myself at the quirky little bar for a couple of nightcaps with good banter all round. Slept well, quiet room and a hearty breakfast in the morning to set me up for the day.
It's 10 out of 10 for me ( seasoned traveller )

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank ross9992
Reviewed November 4, 2011

We had a family wedding to attend and the Premier Inn was being sniffy about a single night booking so we found Oak House Hotel. It was fairly basic but clean and the hosts were very welcoming. We didn't spend a great deal of time in the place and we didn't have breakfast but we were happy with our stay there.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ZebFrance
Reviewed August 21, 2011

We booked the Oak house hotel as we travelled down from Yorkshire for a soul weekend,
As soon as we parked the car our lovely host was out with a welcome,
We were shown to our rooms and given fresh milk for our coffee (which is not readily available in most accommodation )
The rooms were spotless with everything we would need including satellite tv and dvd player,
Excellent breakfast enjoyed by all,
The hotel is only a short walk to the centre of Wellingborough
I would recommend this hotel for anyone visiting the area ...you will not be disappointed
I will definitely be returning

Room Tip: The hotel is on a quiet road and with double glazing to help with a good sleep
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank allisonjewitt2
Reviewed May 16, 2011

We booked the weekend in the hotel on the recommendation of a nearby competitor. The owner went to great lengths to make sure everything was satisfactory and her cheerful and bubbly character was very welcome after a long walk.
The rooms are clean and comfortable with TV and DVD player installed. The full english breakfast was of a very good standard and over the Waendal weekend there was the option of the continental breakfast too!
The hotel is just a short walk (10 minutes) to the start for the Waendel walk although be warned it is up hill on the return!
This is not a five star hotel but is clean, comfortable, friendly and is good value for money.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple