“Excellent all round”

Niwan Turkish Restaurant
Reviewed November 11, 2017

Went for first time last night and didn't disappoint.
Excellent tasty food and generous portions.
Bread to die for.
Good service and nice ambiance.
Did not disappoint so we will be back.

Reviewed October 26, 2017 via mobile

I am not sure what to say after absolutely delicious. Friendly staff and great food; the restaurant does not have the overpowering char smell common to Turkish restaurants.

Fresh, delicious flatbread with one of the vegetable starters is superb. I recommend the aubergine. The meal comes with a complementary dish of marinated, char-grilled fennel: wonderful. I can also recommend the lamb cooked in tomato with yogurt on top. Spiced, with just a bit of heat. I could not finish the generous main course.

Nice people, great food and reasonably priced; what’s not too like?

Reviewed October 25, 2017

This place is very good value for money and the food is very tasty. The only criticism I have is the girls were to busy chatting amongst themselves instead of checking on the customers to see if we wanted more drinks etc. We will be coming back though.

Reviewed October 22, 2017 via mobile

We hadn’t booked and drove past twice as didn’t realise that this was no longer an Indian restaurant. So when my husband insisted it was a Turkish one we went back and parked up. Restaurant staff were welcoming on entering & found us a table even though we hadn’t booked(at 8.30pm Sat night). The decor is Turkish and music which adds to the atmosphere. I would say it was nearly full, only 2 tables free. We had bread (which was huge & perfect) with houmous & oil followed by a lamb dish packed with tomatoes , peppers & onions which was a large portion and delicious, my husband had lamb more like a minced dish both served with rice & salad. Couldn’t fault the food , we are big eaters and I couldn’t even finish mine. I also asked for lots of spice in mine which they did . We shared a dessert and with a bottle of wine, one large beer & a tia Maria coffee the bill was £62.00. Would definitely recommend this place and look forward to coming back again soon.

Reviewed October 9, 2017 via mobile

Very nice Turkish restaurant with a nice cuisine and lovely menu! Staff was very friendly and nice! Food was delicious! Also prices very good!! Perfect location in wellingborough town.