“Afternoon drinks and cake ”
Review of Castello Lounge

Castello Lounge
Description: Castello Lounge is an informal, neighbourhood food led cafe/bar where families, friends and local residents can come for a coffee and something to eat.
Reviewed July 31, 2019 via mobile

Been going to Castello Lounge regularly since it opened for food and drinks or just a drink always lunch times or late afternoons.
My first time was for my birthday we all had a lovely meal and it all came out together with drinks each time it’s been good table service sometimes there’s a wait to order and pay. I went yesterday with my daughter first time in a while I was surprised to see that the price of everything has gone up. We decided to just have a cappuccino one piece of carrot cake and a chocolate milkshake not much change left out of £10
There wasn’t anyone waiting so our order was took the milkshake was done quickly but to my daughters disappointment it didn’t taste as very nice sickly and powdery my daughter our Nesquick you make at home tasted better it was very expensive. My carrot cake was £3.50 and it was tiny and mostly loose crumbs my cappuccino didn’t come and there was no sign of it being made I waited but staff were washing up a couple of cups surely serving the customer who’s paid and waiting is more important than washing cups. There was plenty of staff working to cover everything. I’d eaten my cake still no cappuccino I had to get up and ask and then I was waiting another 5 minutes when it came it wasn’t as nice as it used to be just tasted like hot milk. Again overpriced Very disappointed as I was always impressed by the quality of food and drinks so didn’t mind paying that bit extra after today I won’t be returning.

Date of visit: June 2019
1  Thank Q9833RCjanec
Castello L, Manager at Castello Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2019

Hello

Thank you for your feedback however disheartening that was to read!
We are so sorry about your visit on this occasion, and unfortunately i cannot offer you an explanation.

Please be assured that this isn't to our usual standard, and our products are usually very highly received.

If you would allow us to, we would really like to offer you and your daughter back to have the same again on us.
If you could email us on castello@thelounges.co.uk, we would love to speak with you further for this to be arranged.

kind regards,
Vanessa & team castello x

Write a reviewReviews (308)

Reviewed July 30, 2019

Quirky and comfy, the seating and surroundings are a big part of the enjoyment of this place. The choice of paintings, photos and posters around the walls is a never-ending delight.

The food is a work of art too – fresh ingredients and perfectly put together, with a great range of veggie options

There’s a good selection of drinks and the coffee is excellent.

The service was cheerful and very helpful.

Thanks to all concerned. We’ll definitely be back.

Date of visit: July 2019
Castello L, Manager at Castello Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2019

We are really glad you loved our lounge :) Thank you so much for leaving us your review, your comments are lovely and its always great to hear nice things about the team :) we really hope you'll come back and see us soon! Love Team Castello :)

Reviewed July 21, 2019

Great choices, lovely food and great service. Just what I would expect from ‘the lounges’ brand. Clean tidy and love that they accept dogs. Would go back without hesitation.

Date of visit: July 2019
Castello L, Manager at Castello Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2019

Thank you so much for coming to visit our lounge Nicola :) We are really happy you liked it and we can't wait to see you and your doggo again soon :) Love team Castello

Reviewed July 19, 2019 via mobile

We had a meal here whilst staying at The Hind Hotel as this cafe/bar is just across the road. They have a very varied menu at good prices. There are plenty of tables both inside and out. Check out the website for the menus.

Date of visit: July 2019
Castello L, General Manager at Castello Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2019

Hi there

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We really do appreciate it. We are pleased you enjoyed our lounge and hope that if staying local in the future you pay us a visit and say hi.

Kind regards

Team Castello x

Reviewed July 18, 2019

Since opening, i've always loved this place and not just because the food is delicious and the service great, but mostly because of its sense of belonging and community. i've had the pleasure of making new friendships through the book club and the knit and natter sessions and as a registered childminder, my kiddiewinks love the stay and play held here on the monday morning. The staff go above and beyond to help support locals and local community projects and must be commended for their efforts in a time when its too easy to point out the negatives and moan. Thank you Castello for all you do and long may it continue.

1  Thank SharonM3245
Castello L, General Manager at Castello Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2019

Hi Sharon

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are so pleased that we've managed to tick all your boxes for community feel and events. Our local Community is very important to us and we are always looking to improve events and offer our lounge as space for local events where possible. We hope you keep enjoying our home from home and continue to love the lounging experience.

kind regards