Laburnum House Bed and Breakfast
$83
  • Restaurant
$78
Orbitz.com
Solberge Hall Hotel(Newby Wiske)
$111
$108
Golden Lion Hotel(Northallerton)
$66
Allerton Court Hotel(Northallerton)
$93
TripAdvisor
The BW Crown Hotel(Boroughbridge)(Great Value!)
$96
$88
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewshome from homefresh fruitoff road parkingnothing is too much troubleguest housesmoked salmonno probsfull englishwarm welcomeb and btraining coursevisiting thirsklocal knowledgegreek yogurtbiscuitsplaces of interestbreakfast was amazing
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I travel a lot so I've seen the good, bad, and the in between when it comes to B&B's. This place is top notch and Thirsk is adorable and quaint! Val, the owner really has thought of everything and makes you feel so important and at home. The beds and rooms are incredible. The vibe is so peaceful and relaxing. The sun room in the back is exactly what you need to enjoy the gorgeous land located behind the house without having to venture out into the elements. (In the morning there's some lovely wild life to watch from your window if you're in the back of the house). The showers were amazing. The little details were perfect. And don't get me started on how good the breakfast was! (We weren't there for lunch or dinner so I can't speak for it) It was also a blast when Val made us traditional English snacks and delicacies to try. Some we cared for and some we didn't but it was an amazing learning experience! I loved that we could be blunt with her and laugh with her about the differences in American and British cultures and food. Overall my experience was really remarkable. Comfortable, homey, very clean, peaceful, beautiful, great location, and kind, gracious, and helpful hosts.

1  Thank DYoung11
Reviewed May 26, 2013

This is a lovely b&b just a few minutes walk from the town. Although we had the room that had a separate bathroom this wasn't a problem as it was only across them landing and private for us.
The bedroom was lovely and had all the little touches, that make going away so nice. The room was on the front of the house, however even with the window open all night it was quiet, surprising as it was a race weekend!
Val is a great host and welcomed us, making tea and coffee for us as we arrived, which was very welcome after our train journey.
The breakfast was lovely and one of the best we've have had in a b&b, I think this is helped by arranging a time for breakfast with Val the day before so not everyone arrives at once.
We would definitely recommend Laburnum House.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nancy M
Reviewed May 25, 2013

The Laburnum House gives you the best in luxury all the while making you feel like you never left home. The rooms were perfect, very comfortable bed, personal bathrooms for every room, not to mention a heated towel rack--(don't even think the Ritz has those). It literally felt as if I was coming HOME every night, and Val is sweet as can be and makes an incredible breakfast. She takes care of her guests and youll never forget that lovely accent! You don't want to miss out on this. It's more than just a place to stay with a hot meal-it's an experience you'll carry with you for a lifetime!

1  Thank CollierR
Reviewed May 25, 2013

When we first got to Laburnum I couldn't believe I how gorgeous, updated, and well maintained the place was. The bed was comfier than mine at home, the heated towel racks were a well received surprise, and it felt like I was the first person to ever stay there it was so clean. On top of all that Val is one of the kindest hearts I've ever encountered and takes incredibly good care of you. Breakfast is superb and you will definitely not go hungry. Selfishly I want to give this place a bad review so there's always room for me to stay, but I just can't. This place is so wonderful and Val is even more wonderful. If visiting this part of England you must stay here!!!

1  Thank MateoPalmitier
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I have traveled around much of the United Kingdom and this is by far the best location I have ever stayed at. Incredible service, cleanliness and overall comfort. The breakfast is fantastic, filled with options of anything you could want! The location is also wonderful, what a quaint little town! Val's knowledge of the area and hospitality is unrivaled!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends