“True Gastro Pub”

Dog and Gun Knayton
Ranked #1 of 68 Restaurants in Thirsk
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A warm welcoming village pub set in the small village of Knayton near Thirsk, North Yorkshire. Here at the Dog and Gun we pride ourselves in home made traditional pub food as well as an extensive specials board. Fine wines and local ales also available.
Woking, United Kingdom
“True Gastro Pub”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

During our recent holiday to Yorkshire we quickly tired of being served with mediocre pub food so were really pleased to discover the Dog and Gun near Thirsk. The food was excellent and nicely presented with friendly and efficient service. Some lovely Yorkshire ales on tap too! I would highly recommend for an enjoyable night out and the menu is sufficiently varied to accommodate all the family.

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank ukmahers

“Off the cuff”
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

Highly recommend the Dog and Gun, found it on tripadvisor while we were on our way back from Ripon. The service was great they made the children very welcome and it was a reasonable price, would recommend booking as very busy.

3 Thank Sean B
South Shields
“Traditional pub with excellent food & service”
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

Was driving through the Thirsk area and came across excellent reviews for Dog & Gun on Trip Advisor app. Pub ideally located just off A19 and in a lovely little village. Welcome was very friendly and good choice of food and drink including traditional ales. My wife and I both had the steak, onion and gravy baguette which came with chips and salad. Food was well presented, generous portions and was delicious. The steak was tender and the chunky home made chips tasty. We were too full to eat desert. We were there around 1pm on a Saturday and service was excellent and they fitted us in despite being booked up. Definitely see you again. Thanks

2 Thank BruceBogtrotter
North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“Incredible Village Pub”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I enjoy cooking from scratch therefore dislike eating out. A couple of times I have been out for a meal and left extremely disappointed both with the quality of food and general ambiance of the place. Last week, I gave in to pressure and insistence from the family and went for a meal at the Dog and Gun Knayton. Now, I am glad I did. It is a beautiful, family orientated, village pub serving real ales, a wide and remarkable range of wines, authentic food cooked by a chef who takes great pride and pleasure in serving only the best. This pub is exceptionally impressive both outside and inside. Food portions were generous and tastefully served. The food was scrumptious. The staff was attentive without being a ‘hovering’ nuisance. Service was excellent. The welcome by the owners was unbelievably amazing and awesome. A meal at The Dog and Gun is an unforgettably incredible experience and once one has eaten here will be yearning for more. I would definitely recommend this pub very highly, especially if you appreciate and expect nothing but the best when you go out for a meal. Excellent pub, excellent food, excellent chef, excellent ales, beers, wines and spirits, excellent owners and a splendid experience for the discerning! May you always thrive Dog and Gun Knayton.

Dog and Gun, Thy Name Is Perfection cum Excellence!

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank Esther R
“Keep going back”
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

A fantastic pub. Large portion sizes but without compromising on quality.

My husband and I saw it was top on trip adviser and decided to go. We've now been three times in three months with different family members. Everyone has enjoyed it and food was excellent each time.

I asked for medium rare steak and it was the best I've had at a pub in a while.

You are made to feel very welcome and excellent atmosphere!!

2 Thank Gemma C