“Great food served in a friendly atmosphere”
Review of The Carlton Inn

The Carlton Inn
Ranked #9 of 70 Restaurants in Thirsk
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Used to be The Carlton Bore but has new owners and now the Carlton Inn
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We have visited twice in recent weeks and have thoroughly enjoyed ourselves on both occasions. Menu is varied (including fish and veggie options), good range of specials, childrens menu and early bird (pre 7pm) offers. Our highlight both times has been the assiette for 2, which we have gently fought over. The decor is clean and we have appreciated the space given to us, without feeling crammed together. It is a treat to have such a pub on our doorstep and if this strong start continues we will no doubt enjoy plenty more visits here in the months ahead.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

I visited this pub at the weekend with family who live in a nearby village. They are regulars here and were keen to spread the word. What a hidden gem this place is! The food was amazing with fabulous taste and generous portions. The desserts were particularily outstanding and the assiette was perfect for those who can't bare to chose between them - offering a bitesize version of every dessert on the menu. The staff were very friendly and the pub offered a welcoming balance between the comfort of a pub and in the next room a more formal restaraunt area. The food is the same in both rooms leaving the customer the choice as to what setting they would prefer to enjoy their meal in. All in all an outstanding pub that is more than worth the trip from York for me to visit again and again!

Reviewed August 4, 2012

We came here on the last night of our holiday and I wish we'd found The Carlton earlier on. The staff were very friendly and attentive and the food was absolutely divine. I had the bbq ribs for my main course and they were beautiful. The presentation of all of our meals was superb, but my dessert was a work of art. Our teenage son was with us and he thoroughly enjoyed his meal, it's often difficult to find a pub that serves nice quality food but isn't off-putting for youngsters, but this was just great.
I also think the pricing was very reasonable, I had an enormous amount of food for the money and the setting was very nice without being pretentious. We would definitely recommend The Carlton and if we visit from Liverpool again we'll be back.
Thanks for a lovely experience.

2  Thank KalF1966
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We live in the village and are delighted to see new landlords making a great success in such a short space of time.This pub does not pretend to be Michelin Star but rather good quality food in a great environment at excellent prices.Having eaten here several times in the last few months the experience just gets better as the hosts settle down and master the art of running a local pub and eaterie.The fact that the pub is now busy all week both in evenings and at lunch time suggest I am not alone in my praise of it.

2  Thank AndrewS186346
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Good home cooked food. Loved the dessert(s)! Wheelchair friendly and fairly good value. Worth it if you are stayign nearbye and enjoy god food. Not disappointed.

3  Thank Nat-darling