“Very nice food, large spacious restaurant”

Thirsk Garden Centre & Coffee Shop
Ranked #5 of 7 Coffee & Tea in Thirsk
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed January 27, 2014

A great place to meet up with friends for lunch, with a wide range of cakes and pastries, plus a great main meal range. Nice coffee, very good service and spotlessly clean. Unhurried, a favourite spot for a family get together. When we were there there were some office Xmas lunches going on, clearly having a great time.

There are newer reviews for Thirsk Garden Centre & Coffee Shop

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Last week we called in at the Thirsk Garden Centre restaurant. Two friends and myself had lunch there. We all decided on the mushroom and bacon quiche, with a lovely salad and beautiful potato wedges. The portions are more than adequate, also the quiche was home-made. A good menu for a lunch-time and very wholesome. We could not manage a pudding but the choice is absolutely amazing (they really do come up trumps with the sweets). The service was excellent, not too long to wait after ordering. We were not rushed with our meal and stayed on a while and had coffees. All in all very enjoyable. The restaurant was very busy. Have been in on several occasions for coffee, the first time for a meal. Will definitely be repeating this lovely experience. The prices are very good too, starting about £6.00+.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

This cafe in the Garden Centre has gone from strength to strength. Food is homemade, generous portions and served quickly to your table after ordering at the counter. Menu is wholesome rather than adventurous - chilli, lasagne, bangers and mash, baked potatoes, salads, toasties etc with most costing around £6. It is the little touches that make the difference: dogs welcome, help yourself to wide range of locally produced jams, honey, sauces, chutney etc, doggy bags supplied, iced water, outside area, smart toilets, friendly regular staff not just casuals, large car park. Deservedly popular. Open day time only. Apparently Sunday lunches are also scrumptious but have not had the chance to sample these YET!

Reviewed November 11, 2013

As a very regular customer all year round and I sometimes use this cafe twice a week, I couldn't believe the service I got last Friday (8th November). The staff behind the counter appeared to be disinterested to the Customers and stressed and I felt that I was an inconvenience! One lady behind me in the queue had not understood what a male member of staff had said about where to pay as he spoke so quickly and sharply so I explained to the customer where to pay and she thanked me and mentioned she did not understand what the staff member had said.I have noticed this for a few weeks with a change of staff but normally this used to be the place to come for the grub and atmosphere. I think I will have to review my regular spot now along with the many friends that I meet there! Also my coffee was cold but didn't like to take it back for fear of the cold response!! Generally very poor customer care - come on buck your ideas up Garden Centre please!!

2  Thank Janis25
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Went to get some plants and stopped for coffee and cake. Good coffee (Costa) and we sat outside in the sunshine. The staff were a little slow in clearing the tables but then it had been a busy lunchtime. Lots of families with children.