“A brilliant little hotel ”

The Angel at Topcliffe Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Thirsk
London, United Kingdom
“A brilliant little hotel ”
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

We booked a night here with our two boisterous children and we were not disappointed. The hotel was immaculate, the rooms cosy and comfortable, the bed was enormous and afforded a brilliant sleep! Breakfast was tasty, well cooked and relaxed. The price at £80 for a family of 4 with breakfast was definitely worthwhile.
The only negative was the slow service at dinner but the quality of the food and the friendliness of the staff made up for it!
A five star night !

Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Hellonearth1972

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Lincolnshire
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

This is superb in every way From the moment you arrive you are made to feel special and welcomed by Rob and Sharon the managers. The Angel has style class and service of great quality.spacious and very clean with plenty of seating from the bar area throughout to little lounge areas with comfortable sofas. Whole atmosphere is comfortable and easy The dining area well thought out and roomy. We had evening meal and it was superbly presented with quality food cooked to perfection. Bedrooms fresh clean and en suite comfy beds and with all amenities Breakfasts quality fresh cooked ingredients and plenty of choices. The stars of this show are the team absolutely first class and all working together to make sure your stay is superb Our thanks to Kat, for your tireless attention to detail in making us feel welcome and ensuring we had everything we needed without being intrusive and also to Sal and Nat You are all first class and do a brilliant job. Great team, very smart and just the right sense of humour and personal touches to make your stay special A big thank you to you all and the Angel for a delightful stay. Many thanks Rita & Graham

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank artdeco61
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 23, 2014

The Outside of this building simply doesn't give a true representation of this place! Although I will add the Gardens were amazing, just the rain put me off slightly! Is absolutely stunning inside, so comfortable, and clean and everything you need for an overnight stay is there! Food was lovely & staff simply couldn't do enough for you. Thanks for a superb stay I'll be back when I'm back in that neck of the woods!

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank DanielleB09
Reviewed May 20, 2014

stayed here 2 years ago on business, I have just had 2 nights stay at the newly refurbished Angel Hotel, the whole place has had an amazing facelift which has been done so tastefully, the rooms were spotless well designed and the beds amazing, the staff were so friendly the food lovely and well priced, but the best part of my stay was the full English breakfast cooked to order and served by the lovely Kat, thank you for making my stay with you a pleasure, I will be back!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank David T
Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 17, 2014

WOW - this is such a beautiful place to stay! We attended a wedding at the Crab & Lobster just down the road, so didn't really make full use of all the facilities, but the time we did spend there was incredible.
The welcome at reception by Kat and the team was lovely - we were able to leave our bags and grab a quick drink before the wedding. We then weren't back there until early hours of the morning as we were at the wedding. Your room key allows you to get into the residents entrance which was great and no hassle!
I am really glad we made it to breakfast the following morning as this was just delish! A choice of continental items and hot breakfast cooked to order - lovely wide selection. Kat was so welcoming and had a good chat with us all, made us feel very welcome, as did the new girl who had just started that week (sorry I don't remember her name).
I work at a 5* hotel and know how high standards have to be and this really was fantastic. It was VERY clean, all the staff were super friendly and the rooms were very modern - such a comfy bed which is just what we needed after all the wedding dancing :-)

Thank you to everyone that made our stay so lovely, we would HIGHLY recommend a visit to The Angel

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank HelsBels88
Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

From day one all ..friendly. helpful ..service first class been an excellent stay many more weeks to come
.special thanks to our two little ladies Natalie and Claire and the cracker jack at breakfast. Thank you all

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Mark P
addicte a Barcelona
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I can't remember when I was last made to feel so welcome in a hotel!

I stayed 2 nights. I'd booked months earlier, and they'd transferred to an automated booking system in the meantime. I'm guessing the transition wasn't smooth and I had a little difficulty checking in, but Greg was wonderful sorting it out, and he did so with a minimum of fuss and inconvenience to me. I ate at the Angel on the first night, and both food and service were spot on. My room was small but well-appointed. The (free) wifi worked well, the bed was very good, and breakfast was excellent. What most stood out for me was that nothing was too much trouble, and I include the cleaning staff in that. Everyone was genuinely interested in you and wanting to help. A member of staff also called me a cab on her personal mobile because the landline was busy...

If I'm back in the area, there's no question I'll stay again. It was a pleasure. Thank you!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank floodbug
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thirsk
Golden Fleece Hotel
Rudding Park Hotel
Rudding Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Follifoot
5.0 of 5 bubbles 4,496 reviews

Been to The Angel at Topcliffe Hotel? Share your experiences!