“Great Lunch, will return for Bank Holiday BBQ”
Review of Moor and Pheasant

Moor and Pheasant
Ranked #20 of 70 Restaurants in Thirsk
Cuisines: British, Bar, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: TWelcome to The Moor & Pheasant at Dalton near Thirsk A Warm & Friendly, Country Pub with Traditional Offerings DRINKS Wed & Thurs 5 - 10pm | Fri & Sat 4.30 - 10.30pm | Sun 12 - 10pm FOOD Sunday 12 - 7pm SO MUCH MORE THAN A CARVERY… Roasts, Home Made Steak & Ale Pie, Fish Dishes & Veggie Options. With a great selection of desserts to tempt those of you with a sweet tooth. Mains £10.95 | Child Portions £6.95 | Desserts £4.50 QUIZ NIGHT EVERY FRIDAY Sharpen Your Pencils for 8.30pm please BINGO NIGHT EVERY SATURDAY Play Starts at 7pm. Books are £10 FOOD NOT SERVED AT ANY OTHER TIMES
Reviewed August 17, 2014

We had a great lunch, sat in the bar area, relaxed atmosphere - it is what it says a bistro pub, waitress was very friendly and took the drinks to the table, got extra sauces etc. There was no flies as the other reviews say so dont be put off - I think that must be due to being in the country and time of year. We noticed there was a covered bbq area and that they hold them on Bank Holidays so we will be calling in for that. Would Recommend.

2  Thank Susan W

Reviewed August 16, 2014

Well just had another excellent meal at the Moor and Pheasant in Thirsk.
We took our young children and my parents and we all said what a wonderful meal and very affordable,will defiantly be going back :)

Reviewed August 10, 2014

From the reviews and website we went here expecting a lovely dining experience, however came away feeling we wasted our time and effort. Service was slow, food not well seasoned, burnt and not what we would have expected at all. Staff didnt seem bothered so we felt we couldn't complain about our meals. All in all a poor and disappointing dining experience

5  Thank david j
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Came across this place while visiting some friends and being peckish,we decided to give it a try,We should have carried on driving and found somewhere else.
Over cooked & over priced!
I've had better food from my cafe if I'm really honest.

2  Thank Daniel P
Reviewed August 8, 2014

I recently ate at the moor pheasant with my family. My young son had a three course set menu, which they tried to charge seperatley.my daughter had hunters chicken burger, which she asked for plain with no sides, it came with chilli sauce over it. When asked if everything was OK I replied no relating to the burger. Saying we asked for a plain burger the respnonce was " well its a hunters burger that's how it comes " and walked off. My wife's side salad came in what can only be described as a t light candle holder. Finally they tried to charge £10 for half a dozen thin slices of garlic bread French stick style. In this day and age when pubs instead of providing good honest food at a fair price are charging Michelin star prices for very average food,we the customer should be giving more of a fight when given poor quality food and service.I challenged the waitresses attitude and said why ask if everything is alright when your not interested she replied " would you like to see the desert menu!". needless to say I didn't pay the full bill but it was still too much!.

4  Thank darren j