“Refreshing.”

Bliss Cafe
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Thirsk
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Healthy
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Bliss Cafe is situated a short walk from the Market Square heading towards Millgate car park and public conveniences. We are dog and child friendly and offer a warm welcome, table service and serve fresh local produce to order. We supply take out drinks and food and deliver lunches to our local business community. We are Allergen aware and offer a plethora of Gluten Free food including cakes. Also a range of Yorvale ice cream and sorbet. We always have a dairy free cake on offer as well. Our door is wide enough for wheelchair access but sadly we have two small steps up to our loo. We are happy to help you up and down the steps though...... Our wheelchair customers are able to ride straight up to a table and any special requests are met with a smile. Breakfast and lunch is served all day and if you can't manage a cake we do pretty beribboned boxes for you to take home some goodies. A small range of gifts is now available and Bliss has been completely refurbished in January 2016 to maintain our high standards for your comfort. We hope to see you soon
Northallerton, United Kingdom
“Refreshing.”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Well on the door it says dog and child friendly and on entering to a beaming smile we were instantly welcomed and shown to a table along with our dog. The first thing to come to the table was a bowl of water and a chopped sausage in a dish for the dog! What a find! Nothing was too much trouble. Welcoming and relaxing.
My Wife not eating wheat was not a problem as a generous salad was rustled up using local ham despite it not being on the menu. I had an award winning sausage sandwich with a fried egg in lovely soft white bread that had been buttered and when asked if I wanted tomato sauce, I enquired if it was catering or the real deal Heinz the response was "Heinz of course!" . Just what I wanted, it was all bang on.

Preston, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Special cafe ”
Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

Found this little gem after a recommendation. I asked if dogs were allowed in to which "Yes" was the reply. It was the warmest of welcomes possible. Our dog was given a sausage and a bowl of water. Food, service and atmosphere excellent!!!!

Manchester
“Had to Try it!”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I visited Bliss as I was in the area and had read all the good reviews and wasn't disappointed. The friendly welcome and calming decor made us feel as ease immediately. I had the steak pie which was a home made version from the local butcher, delicious full of meat and tasty gravy, it was also a huge portion. My partner had a baked potato as I had got the last of the pie, which he also said was well cooked and delicious for simple food. It was great value for money considering the size of the portions and the tastiness of the food.
I thoroughly enjoyed my late lunch at Bliss and would highly recommend a visit for anyone int he area. I will certainly be back if I'm near Thirsk again!
Great!

Stotfold, United Kingdom
“Just too tempting”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We popped in here twice on a recent visit to the Thirsk area. On both occasions, the service was outstanding and the food and drink were great. On the second visit, I tried to resist the apple pie and custard but lost out to temptation ... just so nice!

Although the cafe was very busy on both occasions, we were served promptly and all the staff seemed very happy. Just such a nice experience. Don't miss it if you happen to be in Thirsk.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
“Best Place for Breakfast in Thirsk”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

This was the cleanest most comfortable cafe in Thirsk. UK. The food and service were excellent. My wife and I had breakfast there nearly every day of our two weeks in Thirsk.
Rick and Karen Geary