“An excellent stay”

Ranked #11 of 23 Thirsk B&B and Inns
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“An excellent stay”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I stopped at Meadowcroft for several months earlier in the year while I was working in the area.
Sue and Simon were great hosts so I stayed with them recently for a short break in the area, bringing the wife this time.

Once again Sue and and Simon were the perfect hosts and it was more like being a member of the family rather as a guest.

We both had a great time and are both looking forward to returning in the near future.
If you are planning to stay in this part of the world I would urge you to stay with Sue and Simon at Meadowcroft.

You will not regret it

P Malone Liverpool

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I stopped over at Meadowcroft as I was passing through Thirsk on a cycling trip, and it was the perfect place to stay after a long and tiring day. Sue and Simon gave me a really warm welcome, my room was beautiful and the bed was ridiculously comfortable. I especially appreciated the suggestions for places to eat and drink in Thirsk that Sue and Simon gave me. Breakfast was delicious and just what I needed to set me up for another day on the road. Sue and Simon were especially accommodating with my bike, storing it safely for me and making sure I had it ready when I needed it. Sadly I was only stopping over for one night but hopefully I'll be back to Thirsk and if I am I'll be booking Meadowcroft again.

Bury, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We requested an early check-in, which was not a problem at all. Sue and Simon are a lovely, warm and welcoming couple. The standard of our stay was second to none, breakfast was brilliant, and we could not have asked for a better room. Our requests were met in every way, our only problem was that we could not stay longer due to work commitments however, we hope to return soon. Thank you very much Sue and Simon.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Derby
Reviewed October 23, 2013

A two night stay at the Meadowcroft B&B kicked off our 10-day holiday to North Yorkshire. And what a great start to our holiday!
We received a warm welcome from Sue and were soon settled in the Wharfedale Room. The room was large and extremely well presented and spotlessly clean, with a spacious en-suite facility.
Breakfasts were lovely, with a varied choice, ranging from fruits, cereals, museli and yoghurts, to the lovely traditional Yorkshire breakfast. All accompanied by home-made bread and fresh eggs laid by Sue's own hens.
Sue and Simon run a fine establishment and also gave us some reliable recommendations on places to eat in the evenings.
Highly Recommended.

Bavaria
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Meadowcroft is an outstanding B&B with new and comfortable furniture, lovingly run by Sue and Simon Porter. They take great pride in making their guests feel welcome and comfortable, while remaining discretely in the background (even though it is their house and we are the guests).

I stayed there for 8 nights in October 2013 and really loved it. I could not find any fault with this B&B. It was very clean, comfortable, and well-maintained. They even have the modern one-faucet sinks, not the old-fashioned separate hot-water and cold-water taps (which I hate). The house was warm and well-lit, with separate emergency lights in each room that would allow you to find your way out in case of an electricity fail. The house always smelled good. All rooms have digital television and DAB radios, as well as free wifi (although not super-fast broadband). And very conveniently, they have a small fridge in the breakfast room for guests to use. Parking space is plenty available next to the house.

Sue and Simon will provide you with the breakfast you desire. The delicious bread they serve for breakfast is home-made and tastes a million times better than the usual (horrible) sandwich stuff you buy in stores. They offer fruit salad and yoghurt if you want some. The eggs come from their own hens that are running free in the garden (= happy hens). You can ask for salmon to go with your eggs, and you can have cooked breakfast too.

I can only highly recommend the Meadowcroft B&B. You will not regret your stay here.

Undy
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I've just spent a couple of nights with Sue & Simon and have returned home more than a little impressed. My room was spotless and well appointed (Skeldale Double) and I had one of the best night's sleep I've enjoyed in a long time, which says something about the quality of the bed!

The breakfasts are to die for; I avoided the tradition Yorkshire breakfast because frankly it looked like way too much food, but the 'vegetarian' option of smoked salmon and scrambled eggs more than sufficed. Sue bakes her own excellent break and also makes her own preserves so couple with the salmon & eggs with some fresh fruit off the sideboard, cereal, yoghurt, toast and jams and I can guarantee you leave the dinning room well satisfied.

A very good B&B run by extremely friendly and approachable people; in my opinion an excellent value for money option.

Room Tip: The Skeldale room was more than adequate as a single traveller, but may be a little cramped for coup...