“Impromptu Sunday Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Three Tuns

The Three Tuns
Ranked #26 of 68 Restaurants in Thirsk
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: JD Wetherspoon pub and hotel on the Market Place in Thirsk. Open from 7 am for breakfast with alcohol served from 9 am. Full food menu available 7 am until 11 pm. Bar closes at midnight Sun-Thurs and at 1 am Fri/Sat. Seven hand pulled real ales available and a wide range of spirits, lagers and wines. Food choices include English pub classics, American burgers and hot dogs and five 'club' nights across the week: Steak Club (Tues), Chicken Club (Wed), Curry Club (Thurs), Fish Friday, Sunday Club.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Impromptu Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Last minute decision to have a Sunday lunch out and found ourselves in Thirsk. The Three Tuns is a Wetherspoons pub. (Hadn't been there since it had been taken on by them)
Love 'em or loathe 'em you can't knock them for value. 3 adult main courses, 1 child's and 4 drinks for just over £25 and then 3 puddings for £6.30.
Service for us was fine, tho table next to us had waited for over an hour (when this was complained about they were offered free puddings or a round of drinks immediately.)
Think we'd go again whenever a cheap and cheerful meal was called for.

• Visited April 2013

“Horrible”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Went there the other day for mothers day with my daughter and as you can imagine a two year old would make a bit big noise and a member of staff came over and told me to keep her quiet was not happy ordered kids meal it was really cold and sweet and young lad at the bar was rude I waited 10mins to get a drink never go back again

Pickering, United Kingdom
“a good pub lunch”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Our usual watering hole was closed so we tried the three tuns. We were greeted with roaring coal fires which was great for a cold January day. We discovered it was a Weatherspoons so we knew what to expect,we were not disappointed ,great offers good quality ,well cooked ''pub grub'' The service was good and the food value for money. Worth a mention, the tables were clean and not sticky as in most pubs.

• Visited January 2013
Durham, United Kingdom
“Excellent value for money”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stopped off for lunch last week with parents, my husband and dad ordered the full English which they consumed with relish, both enjoyed it and said it was really tasty with plenty of items bacon, egg, sausage & toast x 2 with baked beans, mushrooms & tomato. Mum and I arrived later & went to order to be told there was no tuna (would be helpful if there were signs on the till listing sold out items before you wait, also there's a Co-Op a few doors away so why even run out?) Decided on a jacket potato with chilli which when it arrived was more than I expected, well presented and the salad was nice and fresh too, for £2.99 each, was very reasonably priced & by the time I was served with coffees at the bar and sat down, the meal was with us within another 5 minutes. Their Lavazza coffee is about £1.49 for a large mug and is really nice. The only negative was, several mums arrived with young children who then took over the area of the pub we were seated in and I think the manager or at least a member of staff should have had a word to keep them under control as they were running all over and staff were coming out carrying hot food, irresponsible parenting and it is a pub not a creche! If in Thirsk any time soon, would definitely dine here again as the quality of what was provided was much better that one of the local cafes I've previously visited. From recollection I'm sure the pub also holds a 5 star hygiene rating, so offers reassurance to diners.If a member of staff had spoken to someone about the kids or they hadn't been there, it would have been a 5.

• Visited January 2013
Chessington, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Never got served”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I waited to be served at the bar,when the man in front had got his order he and his friend moved aside so that I was at the bar next. A lady to my right was served, the young man serving looked at me and carried on serving the lady. I waited. It was then my turn, The young man looked over to my left about 3 people along and served another man. I had started to speak, He again looked at me and looked away. It would have been good manners by this time to at least acknowledge me. I and my friend wanted a meal and drink each. I then went and told my friend we would go elsewhere, as we walked by to go out I looked at him and said "You have just lost 2 customers" to which he shrugged and said "no big deal"....We had an excellent meal in the White Horse cafe instead, great food and service......

Visited December 2012