“Consistently top-notch food”

Ranked #14 of 70 Restaurants in Thirsk
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Have been to the Kings Arms several times and consistently had very positive experiences. For the main course you can choose from a set menu (written on a blackboard) or ask for custom ingredients from a display with various meats and fish. The beef and game pie that I had on my latest visit in June 2014 was outstanding (the burgers and the steak dinners are also excellent going by previous experience) and the desserts are also easy to recommend. A typical meal and dessert with drinks will set you aside about £20-25, making it a bit expensive for regular trips, but it is an excellent option for special occasion dining.

1  Thank Ian S

Reviewed July 7, 2014

very good sunday, good beef, lovely sauce, plenty of veg
causal lunch , nice selection of drinks
good black sheep cask

Reviewed July 5, 2014

Staying at a local B and B and this restaurant came highly recommended. Had to book as it was so busy which is always a good indicator of things to come . It lived up to it's reputation. Lovely food and a great atmosphere. We'll worth a visit if you're ever in the area

Reviewed June 24, 2014

My wife and I arrived in Yorkshire for a holiday. Our food was arriving the following morning so we decided to go out for a meal on what was a monday evening. I must have phoned 4 or 5 pubs which were listed in our holiday cottage information pack only to be told that food was not served on Monday evenings. The Kings Arms were the first to say that they were ready for business.
It was very quiet probably due to a race meeting at Thirsk that night but the service was good and their quirky way of ordering after discussing the food with the chef was a refreshing change.

We both had starters, I had fillet of beef stroganoff and my wife had the monkfish. The food was all well cooked and very tasty and was good value for money.

As an example the cheesecake I had for pudding was very nice but it was all the other things which came with it which enhanced the texture and flavour. this made it stand out as different from other cheesecakes I have had.

We will probably go again before we go home.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

Choose your raw ingredients, tell the chef how you would like it cooked and enjoy a great meal. If that's not to your taste choose from the more traditional menu, great value and very tasty.