“Well above average!”
Review of Jaipur Spice

Jaipur Spice
Ranked #16 of 76 Restaurants in Thirsk
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Yorkshire's premium Indian Restaurant situated in the world famous Busby Stoop Inn. Curry chef of the year in 2014 and 2016. All meals cooked fresh and to order. Friendly, first class service with exceptional food will have you coming back again, and again! Try our Banquet Night - every Wednesday and Sunday - where you can have popadom, starter, any main, rice or nan, and vegetable side for just under a £10 per person! Have your birthday, engagement, retirement, Christmas, leaving do, or any kind of party in top class surroundings with food people travel miles to sample. We recommend booking in advance to avoid disappointment. We look forward to welcoming you all!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Lovely tasty food, not too hot or spicy. Good quality chicken in the dishes my wife and I ordered. Well worth the effort travelling the few miles out of Thirsk getting there. Whole experience well above average. One of the best Indian meals I've had! Most impressed.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (445)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We came to Thirsk for our holiday this year and had a look in the local area for eateries. We stayed at Woodland Lake Lodges which is literally a two minute drive away. We were planning a visit here after seeing good trip advisor and Facebook reviews and then saw the Wednesday banquet night. It was incredible! The value for money was amazing. The food was so delicious and staff were lovely. Wish we lived closer so we could be regulars here!! If you live here or are going on holiday I can’t recommend this place enough - well worth a trip even when it’s not a banquet night!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We visited as a party of 9 celebrating 2 birthdays on a Sunday night.
The banquet offer is amazing value and the service and quality were exceptional.
I thoroughly recommend

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Visited on a Saturday night, highly recommended by a friend. Both my wife and I agreed they served some of the best flavours we’ve had in a Yorkshire Indian for long time.
Management were very warm and friendly and apologised for how busy it was (a sign of great food)
Table service had a little to be desired if I am honest. A rather surly young man essentially passing all the food to one guest who then had to pass it on to the rest of the family. Nothing was gently placed in front of each person gently.
Nonetheless, great food, nice atmosphere and well priced.
We’ll return and suggest management ask young staff to show a tiny bit of table manners to guests.

Reviewed September 8, 2019 via mobile

Good was lovely, atmosphere was nice, better drive here than walk. Bar staff and waiters friendly, only thing didn't like was one of the sauces with the poppadoms.