“Great coffee!”

Ranked #3 of 7 Coffee & Tea in Thirsk
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed February 28, 2012

Everytime I'm in thirsk I have to stop at this place, they do the most amazIng mochas.

2  Thank Mona-Lisa328
There are newer reviews for Arabica

Reviewed February 13, 2012

Really Really good cuppa :) Quality Coffee and lovely snacks too

2  Thank 121WiseOne
Reviewed January 8, 2012

Good service. Food nice and you can count on the same standard every time you go.
Toilets could do with a bit of an update but they are clean (ish)

Baristaboy, Owner at Arabica, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2012

Thank you for your review.
Your comments were appreciated and have been acted on.

We have decorated and refloored the toilets and hopefully maintain to a higher standard now too.

Reviewed January 4, 2012

We have been stopping off here on our way to further up in North Yorkshire for breakfast for a number of years now. Stopped this time the morning of New Years Eve. Very good breka as per usual and we had latte, which was a change as we usually have tea. All the staff are young and have great customer service skills, you could tell that they had time for anyone who wanted a chat without it affecting the service delivery to other customers. Keep up the good work and see you again when next passing through.

1  Thank NettieNooD
Reviewed October 6, 2009

I was in Thirsk for the weekend with a group of people, and some of us had lunch at the Arabica Coffee Shop & Cafe on both days. There's not a huge amount of space inside the cafe, but there's room for several tables, and though the place was pretty full at lunchtime on both days, our party of 3 and then 6 were able to find seats. The decor is modern and simple, and works well. Service was friendly, and I was surprised that the food arrived relatively quickly, even though the place was busy.

The food is home made, affordable, and delicious. There were 2 different soups on the menu, and a soup and cold sandwich option. There were toasted panninis. Salads. Baked potatoes with a choice of toppings. The first day I ate there, I had a giant Yorkshire pudding with mashed potatoes, onion gravy and slices of beef. This was a generous serving without being too huge! The mash was creamy. The gravy was really delicious, with proper slices of onion in it, the beef was tasty, and the Yorkshire pudding itself was very satisfying.

On Sunday I had the chili with potato skins. This was again, a nicely sized portion of chili and skins. The chili was very good. Not too hot while still being spicy, and with a good, rounded, savoury-sweet flavour to it. On both days I also had some freshly squeezed orange juice, which was nice to wash food down with.

I'm definitely going to eat at the Arabica Coffee Shop & Cafe again when I'm next in Thirsk, and would recommend it to friends.

4  Thank sunsetcat