“Perfect location for Thirsk amenities and touring Yorkshire Abbey ruins.”
Review of St James House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Thirsk
St James House
Ranked #17 of 23 Thirsk B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 22, 2012

A older style B&B in a Georgian House featuring many antiques. We were made very welcome by the friendly owner and helpful staff. Comfortable beds and a hearty breakfast helped to make the stay very enjoyable.

• Stayed: August 2012

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I was in Thirsk visiting my Mum in Hospital. Barry and his staff were very friendly. My room was perfect, beautiful bedding on a very comfortable bed and the breakfast was lovely. Barry was very friendly and informative about things in the area and regarding the many antiques around the house.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 12, 2012

St. James house is a charming b&b , full
Of character. The owner , Barry, is really friendly and welcoming.
The room was specious and very clean.
The b&b is oy few minutes walk from
The market square making it perfect for stay in Thirsk.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 12, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed for a night and thoroughly enjoyed it. The room was clean, spacious and light, while Barry and the other staff were very friendly, and lovely to talk to, and happy to make suggestions for what to do in the area. As others have mentioned, the place is a little quirky, but all the better for it

One word of advice - if you pop out for a while, be sure to close the front door firmly behind you, as it can swing open.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I had a meeting in Thirsk and was just looking for a basic room overnight. I found St James House on the internet. I booked by telephone (a lovely chat with Barry). On arrival I had a warm welcome from Barry, he made sure I knew where everything was. When I returned after the meeting, he opened the door and again had time to ask how my meeting went and have a little chat. The room and house are superb, it is a joy to stay there. Delicious breakfast too, served in a beautiful dining room by polite and friendly girls.Even as I left............Barry waited until I was at the front door and quietly asked if I was going to pay ! .. Having paid by card for all my other travel arrangements I had forgotten to pay for my B&B. I quickly sorted this out. I will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Telephone and talk to Barry about your needs and he will advise you. I was on a one night stay for...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We came across St James House when we were having difficulty finding accommodation. What a great experience. Barry was so welcoming and helpful. St James is a quirky B&B and we were very fortunate to have antique furniture in our lovely room.
Breakfast was delicious and served by very friendly staff. A lovely stay and can highly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
BarryThirsk, Owner at St James House, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Very kind of you to give us such a lovely, warm review. Glad that you enjoyed your stay, especially sampling the Black Sheep Ale!, Must say I like the odd bottle myself. Look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed June 24, 2012

This truly was a superb place to stay. The proprietor Barry was a true gentleman and host and nothing was to much trouble. He was interested in everything you were doing and was a mine of information on local places of interest. I would have no shadow of a doubt in recommending St James House as a place to stay.

Room Tip: Any of the rooms are excellent as Barry makes the stay truly memorable, he is an excellent host and...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends