My two children and I have just spent one night at The Poplars and we had a most wonderful stay. The room was stylish and comfortable and the owner Amanda warmly greeted us with drinks and homemade scrummy flapjacks. My children particularly liked the park with extensive play equipment few minutes walk down the road.
We'd only booked one night to break up our journey from the midlands to Newcastle - wished we'd booked for longer but already we're working out when we can visit again!
Having always stayed in soulless hotels, this was our first ever stay in a B&B - it certainly won't be our last!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Poplars, originally a farm house, built in 1901, is an impressive detached property with far reaching grounds. Set within an acre of gardens, the Poplars Rooms are all accessed via their own private entrance, affording you the privacy usually associated with a larger hotel, whilst offering our guests the personal touches and attention to detail from a small family owned Bed & Breakfast. Ideally located for access to all major routes ( A1, A61 & A19) as well as being only 250m from the train station, The Poplars is an ideal base for business or pleasure. All rooms are exceptionally well equipped with all the comforts you would expect from a quality driven establishment; Freeview TV, Power Shower, Free WIFI, Bathrobes, Mineral Water and Tea & Coffee facilities, make for those extra special touches. A great night's sleep, complimented by a fantastic breakfast..... Bed & Breakfast as it should be. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your The Poplars - Rooms & Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Poplars - Rooms And Cottages
- The Poplars - Rooms & Cottages Hotel Thirsk