“A very good pub lunch”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
suffolk
“A very good pub lunch”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Our visit was a Friday lunch stop on our way to a weekend in London. The pub was fairly quiet at the time and we ordered soup and bruschetta to start followed by a stilton, pear and walnut salad plus sausage and mash. The only disappointment with this food was a somewhat stale bread roll served with the salad. On the other hand, the sausage and mash, whilst chosen from a 2 courses for £7.95 menu came with three large sausages and a substantial pile of mash, so what would be presented if one ordered the dish separately at the price of £7.79, one can only speculate. Service was efficient and very pleasant, if a little basic. The food with coffee came to just over £20 for the two of us.
So would we go again? Without hesitation.

• Visited October 2013

Stevenage, United Kingdom
“in response to Hobsons choice”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I can see that this was submitted some time ago but I came upon it today whilst having a look for somewhere to take my wife and family out this evening for a birthday meal. I read this review
and the more I read it seemed as if this was something for a Master Chef programme. I have been to this establihment many times and I have experienced nothing other than polite service and meals that are what they are i.e. pub food. The pub gives the public what they want at a reasonable price. The surroundings are pleasant and clean. No hesitation at all in recommending.

• Visited June 2013
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“perfectly formed!!”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I liked the spacious environment and realised that the staff are willing to ofer request off the menu whcih is always a good thing

Visited June 2013
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Very good selection of food”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

The pub was quite crowded on a wednesday lunchtime,which was a good sign. The selection of food on the menu was very impressive,a mixture of traditional pub food and some rather different dishes. Our party started with either breaded mushrooms,soup or prawn cocktail all of which were good. Our main courses were either steak,tikka curry,fish and chips,ham and eggs or vegetarian paella,again these were good although the fish was very greasy and I thought the portions were a little small in size. You can order from the main menu,a set menu of either one,two or three courses for £7,£8 or £9. There is also a meal deal for older customers and also special meal deals for selected evenings and also a daily specials menu....phew,I hope I got that right.
The best part was also the reasonable cost of just over £100 for 3 course meals for six of us including mainly soft drinks.
I was impressed with this pub and would certainly return here when visiting Baldock again.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank davdor
Bedfordshireclanger
“Good grub. Good service.”
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Just popped in for an evening meal. Good choices on the menu and the 'torn chicken' salad was so tasty! The staff were friendly and helpful which was good as it was a hot and busy night. Will def. visit again. Thanks staff, including kitchen brigade.

Visited July 2013