“Excellent”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Norfolk, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I went here today for the first time for a meal with family, and we had a delicious meal.
The place itself is light and airy, well laid out and with a modern feel amongst the many various rooms where you can eat. Service was friendly and relatively swift, and most importantly of all the food was outstanding with decent portions all-round.
The only negative was that it could have done with a little light, background music, rather than silence interspersed with the noise of the coffee machine, but that's a relatively minor quibble.
It's certainly not cheap, but it's a quality establishment, and I look forward to returning (not least to check this wasn't a one-off!).

• Visited October 2013
Jeannette G, Owner at The Rose and Crown, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Tamion

Thank you for your recent review of The Rose & Crown. We are always grateful to customers who take the time to write about their visit to The Rose & Crown.

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit. As owners we work very hard, as do our excellent staff, to ensure that each customer's visit is a pleasurable one - good service and great food in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere, and agreeable surroundings. It is hugely rewarding to all of us to get postive feed back like yours.

It is interesting you mention about a bit of background music. We are on the point of getting gentle music installed in the Garden Room, the big airy room I suspect you sat in, as well as having it redecorated to make it feel a bit cosier. Purosts should not panic though - the drinking pub heart of The Rose & Crown will not hear the music, and nothing will interfere with the chink of glasses and sounds of good conversation and laughter.

I hope we will be able to welcome you to The Rose & Crown again soon, and show you that this was not a one off.

Jeannette

Norfolk, United Kingdom
“Good find!”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Lovely surroundings, good food, service pretty good - decent wine list - give it a try - good for winter and log fires or great for kids in the summer - you need to check out the pirate ship!.

• Visited July 2013
Dear Jane P

Thank you for your recent review of The Rose & Crown. We are always grateful to people who take the time to write about their visit to The Rose & Crown.

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit. It is hugely rewarding tous and our hard working staff to get postive feed back like yours.

I hope we will be able to welcome you to The Rose & Crown again soon.

Jeannette
King's Lynn, United Kingdom
“Great food, shocking service”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

The food was lovely but with the lack of staff, and those that we're there were uninterested, the meal was spoiled

Won't be going back in a hurry

Dear Okcor

Thank you for your recent review of The Rose & Crown. We are always grateful to customers who take the time to write about their experience of The Rose & Crown.

I am so sorry you did not enjoy your visit. As owners we work very hard, as do our excellent staff, to ensure that each customer's visit is a pleasurable one - good service and great food in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere, and agreeable surroundings.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the meal itself and disappointed that on this occasion you did not feel the service was as good as it should have been. Had you asked to see the manager I am sure she could have done something to rectify the situation.

I hope that you will feel able to come and try us out again, and see that we can do better
Spalding, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable first visit”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We planned to visit the RSPB site at Snettisham. Had heard about the Rose and Crown in the village so had lunch there first. I decided on the venison burger with chips which was highly enjoyable. Service was good and we waited no more than 15 minutes for our meals. Nice pub area with newspapers to read and noticed two other restaurant seated areas too so plenty of room for diners. Large car park. Will definitely return and can recommend this pub.

Sherborne, United Kingdom
“Excellent lunch”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

The pub was taken over some two years ago. Prior to that I had one of the most awful meals of my life here. Happily, this was a superb meal: very tasty Belly Pork - attractively served, my wife had the Shepherds' Pie which she thoroughly enjoyed. I finished with a fruit crumble which had that perfect contrast of sharp fruit and sweet crumble. We found the staff friendly and would recommend this pub. We shall certainly be going back. Their lunch was not only very tasty but very good value for money. I was sorry that the first reviewer formed such a poor opinion of the pub. I can only say that this was very far from our experience.

1 Thank DorsetRecorder