We stayed for two nights, at the weekend, in mid July having heard great things about The Hoste.
The place is far more relaxed than we had expected - which is a good thing when you're seeking a relaxing time, but might not be if you arrive expecting five star service for what is a five star price.
The hotel is the most dog-friendly I've been to - which is delightful if you are a dog lover and especially if you have yours with you, but might be off-putting for some.
What others have said in recent reviews about the staff is the same as we found - very friendly and welcoming, but with little apparent system for dealing with orders.
The food at dinner was outstanding. The assiette of seafood was one of the best starters I have had. The service at breakfast on Sunday morning was the most disappointing aspect of the stay.
Our room in the main hotel was just right. The air-conditioning was a real bonus. The location is wonderful - a lovely small town with some unique shops to browse and what can you say about the fabulous North Norfolk Coast that hasn't already been said.
Our weekend here was designed for relaxation - and the hotel made it very easy to do that. We will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hoste is a luxury boutique hotel located in Burnham Market, North Norfolk. It offers guests sixty two bedrooms, two acclaimed restaurants and Beauty Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your The Hoste reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hoste Arms Hotel Burnham Market
- The Hoste Burnham Market, Norfolk