“Sorry but in need of a refurb!!!!”
Review of Tillys Cafe

Tillys Cafe
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

As we walked into what we thought was a cute, cosy quaint tea rooms we were disappointed to be greeted with an odd smell. My friend thought it smelt of cats!!!! Unsure but I just thought the whole place was in need of a refurb. Paintwork definately in need of doing up!!!! Walls displayed with some poor artwork and some odd ornaments! however i did like the look of the vintage handknitted tea cosies.We live in the Cotswolds and maybe spoilt by the choice of excellant 'modern country' tearooms in every village and dissapointed by the lack of them in and around Burnham Market an area of Norfolk that I absolutely love. Could not fault the staff and the food was - well again, unsure. The breakfast was presented on a small plate and probably would have been more appetising and easier to eat if it had been on a slightly larger plate. My friend had a panini but thought it was pre packed and just heated??? Sorry Tilly's we will not be rushing back in when we visit again.

1  Thank PerkyandPikey

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Every time my partner and I visit Norfolk, we always stop at Tillys for breakfast or lunch on our travels. The atmosphere is warm and friendly- cosy in the Winter, and sunny in the Spring! Nothing too fancy, which is refreshing for Burnham Market, and the salmon pate is to die for (and locally sourced!). The other half always enjoys a sausage sandwich and a selection of their scrummy cakes/biscuits. The service is always friendly and welcoming, and the proprietors are happy to have a chat with you about the local area. Everything is good value for money- looking forward to visiting many times more in the future!

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Stopped for a quick bite mid afternoon my wife had a pot of tea and I had my customary black coffee. We shared half each of two paninis. Couldn't fault the venue for cleanliness, service or vale for money. Like an earlier reviewer we were not too sure if it was table service or not, as we arrived there was a waitress at a table taking an order, but we waited for ten minutes for a similar service before giving up and going to the counter. Otherwise all very acceptable.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Nice friendly staff, enjoyed our visit and thought it value for money. Carrot cake was a little heavy but still tasted nice.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We had lunch here yesterday and I had what I think must be the most revolting bowl of pea soup I have ever eaten( not that I managed to eat much of it) it was as if someone had taken a tin of mushy peas, added some hot water and put it in a bowl! Everything else about the place was just average and I can't work out how anybody can rave about it.

1  Thank MrsFussyMaidenhead