“Good Food in Lovely Surroundings.”

The Hoste Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood, International
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Burnham Market is on the Coast Hopper Bus route.
Description: Book a romantic dinner in the restaurant at The Hoste Hotel, where the Chefs create dishes that owe much to locally sourced produce, not least a great selection of local seafood from the nearby coast. We have a high quality, informal, relaxed atmosphere with very friendly and efficient staff. The imaginative menu is complimented by a 200-bin wine list that includes some keenly priced classics.
Derby
“Good Food in Lovely Surroundings.”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Called for an impromptu Saturday lunch without booking. Bar and lounge were both full and so we ate in the Restaurant.
Service was efficient and polite and my grilled salmon tasty and perfectly cooked was served with a nicoise salad.
A very pleasant place to lunch.

• Visited February 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Guildford, United Kingdom
“More Customer Focus Needed”
Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

I have visited The Hoste Arms twice in the past week. First as a treat for my parents for afternoon tea. Second for a beer in the evening.

This review is meant by way of contructive critism. The staff need to be much more client focussed. It is unacceptable to have to wait for 9 minutes at the bar while a bar an finishes some social verbiage with folk to get the chance to order a drink. Better service at TavisPerkins in Fakenham I am afriad.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank FMF1886390
Boston, United Kingdom
“A lovely meal and experience with great staff.”
Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

Visited on a pre Christmas break to Norfolk. Had an early evening meal. Atmosphere was busy and felt very Christmasy. Menu choices were delicious and fabulous wine recommded. Throughly enjoyed our visit. We visit 3 to 4 times a year. And will definitely return.

• Visited December 2013
Lincolnshire
“Not good this time around.”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We have often been to the Hoste and always enjoyed our meals there in the past, and likewise our stay in the hotel
This time it wasnt good at all..For some reason the Hoste lacked its usual atmosphere, and our main meals would possibly score 4 out of ten. My wife left a great deal of her roast beef, and my beefburger was burnt to a cinder...it was black. NOT good!

6 Thank freddy067
Cley Next the Sea, United Kingdom
“What a shame”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Myself and family visit norfolk every year for a week after xmas and always visit the hoste as a tradition and what a disappointment this time was. Our starters took 40 mins to arrive and when my main arrived which was a sirloin and it was awful, my knife couldn't cut it because of the fat and so the waiter noticed and apologised and asked if I would like something else. Because my 3 children and husband were already tucking in I asked for a burger as I thought it would be fast but 25 mins later it still hadn't arrived and so I said to forget it.
The idea of going out for dinner with your family is to eat as a family.
Not sure what has happened to this place as it used to be fantastic but now standards have dropped and we won't visit again.
The toilets were dirty, staff are inexperienced and not even an apology from the manager who didn't care and was just walking back and forth with no clue how to run his staff.

5 Thank Manuela W