“Food over cooked, over priced and completely under whelming”
Review of Le Mistral

Le Mistral
Ranked #1 of 16 Restaurants in Wirksworth
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Attended the 'Mussels from Brussels' night and was very disappointed. The mussels were over cooked and the portions were small. The pommes frites appeared to be oven chips (French fry style) and the 'healthy serving of bread' I presume was described as such because there wasn't much of it! Left feeling hungry and ripped off! I wouldn't recommend this place to my friends and I definitely won't be eating there again. Good points of our visit were; the waiters who were hard working, courteous and attentive, and the atmosphere was pleasant.

Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Went to 'Mussels from Brussels' night after reading good reviews of this restaurant. Portions were small-mussels over-cooked and the 'healthy serving of bread' obviously meant it was healthy because there wasn't much of it! Pomme frites appeared to be oven chips(French fry style) Left the building feeling hungry and ripped off! Good points-waiters worked hard, were efficient and attentive, atmosphere nice, but in general, wouldn't recommend the place and won't be returning.

1  Thank ambennett
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We had an evening meal this lovely little restaurant in Wirksworth. We ate in the cellar which was very atmospheric, with a great ambience. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the food was excellent. We had the special Wednesday offer of two main courses with a bottle of house wine for £26 which was excellent value. This restaurant is well worth a visit.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Upstairs looks cool and chic, but go downstairs and you're in another country - France I guess - in a large wine cellar, with nooks and crannies so that every table feels cosy and personal.
Candles, tilly lamps and fairy lights make it incredibly romantic - if tricky to read the menu!
But that menu is worth reading - The starter of smoked salmon platter was so good it spoiled me. My Bouillabaise main seemed to contain enough fish and mussels to feed two people and had a tasty Pastis sauce while my partner's feta-stuffed filo parcels with caramelised onion chutney were gently demolished with equal relish.
The service was excellent - jovial and helpful but discrete - and although the bookings were timed, there was no second sitting so we were left to enjoy our sensibly-priced Prosecco in peace for as long as we wanted... followed by coffee and liqueurs without any hint of being hassled.
I wish I lived nearer - I'd be a regular.

1  Thank Alison001London
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Our first visit to Le Mistral and we weren't disappointed. The food is cooked to order so may take a little longer but it is well worth waiting for. There is quite an extensive menu. The portion sizes are very good and the food is cooked superbly. We were in the converted cellar and it has loads of atmosphere and you could really believe you were somewhere in France. You are not rushed over your courses and the staff are lovely.
Enjoy your meal !