“Fabulous B&B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Winster
Old Nursery House B&B
Ranked #2 of 4 Winster B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Helena and SImon run this fantastic B&B with a professional yet friendly approach. Our plans only allowed for 2 nights but we would have loved to stay longer, Beautiful designer room and bathroom, fab location, gorgeous views and a great base for touring the Dales. Great tips from Helena and Simon on places to visit and restaurants. Gourmet breakfasts started the day brilliantly and kicking back in the guest lounge in front of a roaring fire in the evening was just perfect! Would definitely visit again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank aligis2013

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights during the last weekend of August. Helena and Simon are fabulous hosts, and were very helpful with giving local tips, directions and recommendations for places to eat. Helena also baked very nice scones! Would definitely visit again.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TenenbaumLondon
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Helena & Simon are very kind people.
Though I stayed here for 3 nights with my friend, Helena helped us for everything.

She was really kind person and she was hospitality itself to us.
So we felt as if we visited our mother's- or sister's- house.

Our room was very beautiful and clean, even there were homemade short bread!
Bath room was so wide and bright.

The guest sitting room was cosy, and there were many beautiful pictures painted by Helena's father.

Their house had a very cosy atmosphere.

Someday, I'd like to stay again. Thank you Helena & Simon!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Maki_Ami
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I am a Coach driver and had been touring with a group in the area for a few days,
I was provided with the details of this B&B as I was booked to stay for two nights.
When I arrived I was met by Simon at the door and shown to my room, which was wonderfully decorated and very welcoming.
I was then shown to the private bathroom, again beautifully designed and realised.

I have never, in several years of spending nights in hotels and guest houses, stayed in such a welcoming, comforting, and friendly place.

Breakfast was served at a time to suit me and my schedule for the next day, and I guarantee no-one would ever feel they hadn't had enough for breakfast.

I felt like the most important person in the world right there and then, and that is something that makes being away from home easier to deal with.

I cannot thank Helena and Simon enough for their wonderful hospitality, and for making me feel so comfortable.

I would highly recommend this accommodation for anyone staying in the area, whether they be walkers, just passing through, visiting the local sights or even for just a break away from the hustle and bustle of the world today.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank David A
Reviewed July 26, 2013

My partner and I took my Mum away for her 60th birthday this weekend just gone. We were staying 2 nights so we needed a base for a whirl wind tour of Chatsworth and the local area.

Helena and SImon could not have been more welcoming. Making us feel comfortable from the start, nothing was too much trouble. Recommending local places to eat while offering us homemade Bakewell Tarts was a another kind gesture.

We settled in and went to eat at a pub not too far away "The Druid' and on our return there was a fab short walk with their dog on offer which we took and went off into the village of Wensley. It was great to stretch our legs and lovely 'Gnasher' showed us the way no problem.

We also had access to a lovely living room during our stay which had Sky TV and a grand piano! Plenty of seating and fresh flowers made it a great place to relax after long days of travelling or exploring. It was essential for us to have this living space so we could relax in the evenings and not have to venture out or be stuck in our rooms without speaking to each other!

Our bedrooms were both beautifully decorated, plenty of towels and a robe to wear to the bathroom which was across the hall. We had an excellent, well stocked tea tray and a surprise of some more homemade biscuits which were also very yummy! A hair dryer and an ironing board were also available should we have needed them. We felt our bed was a bit too firm for our liking but of course that is personal taste so others may find it fine. It was so well done in all other aspects it almost seems churlish to mention but I did feel uncomfortable so if you like a soft bed this is something you may wish to consider.

The bathroom was also beautiful with a slightly confusing shower but once Id sussed it, it was very hot and powerful. I should've listened to Simon's instructions a bit more carefully!

Breakfast was served in their own kitchen with great views across the fields. Food was excellent with homemade bread and the local oat cakes (pancakes really) along with fresh fruit salads and yoghurts and Chatsworth jams. It was all delicious. It also gave us a chance to get to know Helena a bit more and quiz her on her extensive knowledge of the area and Chatsworth House itself.

We took full advantage of the sitting room that night after a long day and Helena was good enough to keep a bottle of wine chilled for us and also provide us with more baking, this time lemon cake. You wont go hungry here!

We had a lovely time at this fabulous B&B and would definitely recommend it to family and friends who wanted a little bit more than just somewhere to stay. We felt like we were staying with friends rather than being totally separated from the hosts which was what made this a lovely place to stay.

We would go back in a flash if we were visiting the area which I feel speaks for itself.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vanessa S

Been to Old Nursery House B&B? Share your experiences!