“Relaxing stay with wonderful views”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
BDTravell...
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Relaxing stay with wonderful views”
Reviewed December 5, 2017 for a stay in November 2017

My partner and I, plus dog had a wonderful weeks stay at Rock Cottage. The property is clean, tidy and well equipped.
As mentioned, parking is located on the gravel track leading to the property and we also found the locals incredibly friendly, plus both pubs are dog friendly.
Winster is perfectly located for driving off to walks or visits. We also found a couple of nice circular 2 hour walks from the village.
The owner was very welcoming without being pushy and although I have given the cottage 4 stars (because I'm a perfectionist and rarely does anything get 5*) we had a excellent week, would recommend and would definitely go back.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Graham124
Ormskirk, United Kingdom
“Magnificent Cottage, with stunning views”
Reviewed October 18, 2017 for a stay in October 2017

I cannot understand the recent negative review of this cottage. Rock Cottage was easily the best equipped holiday cottage we have ever stayed in. It was cosy, immaculately clean with views from the bedroom to die for. The reception from the owner was warm and helpful - in many places we have stayed we have not seen the owner - just been given an address to pick up the keys and certainly had no milk or (very nice) biscuits provided. Although there are two bedrooms the accommodation would be a little claustrophobic for four adults (we did have two of our relatives stay one night so we know) but it would be ideal say, for a couple and a child. Also, if like us, you arrive with a week's worth of food and clothing, there is quite a long, steep walk from the car to the front door, and another steep walk into the village. Nothing that any normal, reasonably fit person couldn't cope with but it could be difficult for anyone incapacitated in any way. The village is lovely, with very friendly residents. For walkers it is an ideal base, and Matlock is only 5 miles away.
We spent a week at Rock cottage and returned home totally relaxed. Marvellous!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Belle S
London, United Kingdom
“Disgraceful, unacceptable behaviour for double booking last night and no refund offered”
Reviewed September 12, 2017 for a stay in August 2017

Exceptional views and a spotless cottage could not compensate for the unacceptable behaviour of the owner. Out of courtesy I informed him that we would be leaving on Friday 11th August not Saturday 12th as per the booking. He asked me what time we expected to leave, as he had new guests booked in. I replied that I had paid for that night. He offered no refund just wanted confirmation of the time we would leave so the cleaner could have access to the cottage. We did indeed depart on the Friday at 11 0 clock. I had no wish to remain under these circumstances. But what would have happened if I had changed my mind and decided to stay that extra night for which I had paid?
Also on arrival, there was a 'supposed' welcome note, which was anything but. Please help yourself to anything etc but replace any items used. How can you replace 3 dishwasher tablets, 5 teabags and a few spoonfuls of sugar?
The 'welcome' pack consisted of three small packets of biscuits and a pint of milk.
I have travelled extensively both in England and abroad and have never encountered such mean spirited behaviour. If I had booked through Airbnb or HomeAway, as per my normal procedure, I am sure the double booking would never have happened.
Over the past 2 years, I have stayed in Winster 3 times, once at The Spook and twice at Jasmine Cottage both exceptionally charming and welcoming places, however this experience at Rock Cottage has tainted my latest visit to Winster, which is a great pity.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.

Travelers are raving about these Winster hotels

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing