“A Lpvely place to stay”
Review of Park View Farm

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Weston Underwood
Park View Farm
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“A Lpvely place to stay”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed for 4 nights in the farmhouse on a bed and breakfast basis . Our room was wonderful very clean and comfortable and very tastefully furnished. The breakfast was excellent ,and gave us a good start to the day. Our son his wife and 2 children stayed in Honeysuckle cottage, also owned by Mike and Linda Adams, this also was very comfortable and the facilities excellent. We were all made very welcome . The children were especially thrilled as iMike also allowed them to collect the eggs for breakfast. They also made firm friends with Bob the dog who was very friendly ,and played a good game of football much to the childrens delight.The Adams were very helpful , and made us very welcome.When our stay was over I had left behind my phone ,which Linda very kindly returned to me by first class post. .Iwould have no hesitation in recommending Park View to anyone looking for a comfortable B&B in the country.Many thanks to our hosts for a lovely time.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank annegibbins

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I can endorse the comments from recent visitors. This is an excellent farm B&B.

Our bedroom was large and light; the bathroom was larger than any room in my own (modest) home and had both roll-top bath and walk-in shower. There was far more cupboard and drawer space than any travellers could need, much of it in period furniture.

The bathroom always had apparently unlimited scalding hot water, though it can take a little while to 'come through'. A good selection of classy toiletries is provided - including a basin of bath salts with a ladle for scooping. There were more towels than we needed, cotton buds, cotton wool. The only minor thing missing was a box of tissues, which I always like by the bedside (especially in hay fever season!).

The bedroom had digital TV/radio, a kettle and tea/coffee/tisanes/hot chocolate and there was a chocolate biscuit bar when we arrived. The 4-poster bed was very comfortable, though it is, I think, standard double size so that tall people used to a king size may need to curl up a little.

Once the heating comes on in the morning (at about 630), it makes almost continuous soft but audible knocking sounds which can keep one awake. While my heating at home does the same as the pipes expand, it stops after 5 or 10 minutes, whereas at Park View it continues for an hour or more. Not a major issue, but reported in the interests of completeness. I can't say if other rooms have the same issue.

Breakfast is as others have described: excellent fruit selection, muesli, yogurt, cooked breakfast including eggs from the farm. Decaffeinated ground coffee was available - a must for me.

As keen birdwatchers, we enjoyed seeing the many hosue sparrows, house martins and swallows nesting around the farm buildings. We also had a very nice 3 hour walk on farm land, seeing some interesting birds and insects and also brown hares. Michael lent us his detailed Pathfinder OS map for this. We walked as far as Kedleston Hall, whose parkland, lake and woods are also worth walking in for a few hours.

Now that many B&Bs are refusing cheques, preferring the instant confirmation of card payment, it is worth noting that Park View Farm accept payment by cheque or cash only.

Michael and Linda are friendly, helpful and informative.

Ample parking in the farm yard, though, as others have commented, take extreme care when leaving onto the road as visibility to the right is very limited.

We would have no hesitation staying at Park View Farm again and hope to do so if we are in the area in future.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank selimap
UK
Reviewed May 31, 2011

I was very warmly welcomed by the farmer and his artist wife who run this charming bed and breakfast from their wonderful period farmhouse. As I drew in to the yard, sourrounded by old barns and hens scratching around, I know I was going to like it. The house is decorated beautifully with antiques and Linda's (the owner) paintings. My room was a light filled four poster with a seperate bathroom with rolltop bath. The room overlooked the lovely walled graden and the sheep fields beyond. I had a sound night's sleep, and full english breakfast was excellent. I would highly recommend this bed and breakfast for anyone who appreciates beautiful period homes, gorgeous countryside, and good hospitatlity.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank charlie21UK
Wirral
Reviewed February 20, 2011

We liked this accommodation greatly. It is a long time since we slept in a four post tester bed amongst period furniture. The cooked breakfast of local produce along with a large choice of fruits provided the four of us with a great start to the day. The farmer owners were friendly and most helpful.

Unfortunately the misty weather limited our views of Kedleston Hall Park, of which this farm use to be part, and the city of Derby, which is five miles away.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Rabyrover
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 16, 2011

Stayed at the Red Lion Cottage with my wife for a long weekend. It is owned by the same people that own the Park View Farm B&B and is in a beautiful village called Hognaston. Could not have asked for anything more.. Cottage was amazing... Spacious, well equipped...Was perfect for a relaxing weekend away, albeit we had lots of rain but stayed inside and chillaxed.. Will be going back with friends as it would easily accomodate 6 adults... So after you have finished reaidng this... go and book it now... ;o)

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hood999
Tynemouth, UK
Reviewed October 22, 2010

My wife and I stayed at Park View Farm in October 2010. 'Mrs Farmers Wife' Linda made us very welcome on arrival and showed us to our large room on the top floor which had its own private bathroom.

The farm, although on a main road may not be easy to find but we used a Tom Tom and it took us straight there. The farm is in a true countrified location.

Excellent parking in a large courtyard on this tennanted farm (belongs to the Keddlseston Estates).

Our room on the top floor was large with twin beds, and very comforatble. The TV was quite old and small, but perfectly adequate to watch the eveining news etc,..or breakfast update in the morning. Generous tea/coffee facilities in the room. Although fitted with radiator(s),..may be sligfhtly chilly in winter but nothing to worry about.

The bathroom was heated and was generously equipped with soaps, creams and shampoos

Dinner can be had in probably the nearest pub called The Tiger which is about 10 minutes drive away and really good. Despite the name,..this is a traditional English pub with good beer and food. Linda will tell you how to get there.

There is a cashpoint about 10 minutes away in a small village / town and also cheap fuel at a Tesco (again,..ask Linda).

Breakfast was cooked by Linda's husbad Mike and was really good.

All in all a good stay and very handy for the National Trust property Keedleston Hall. Mike takes alot of time to speak with you, and I am sure if he has the time,..would show you around the farm.

This is an Olde Worlde lived-in farm with lots of all pictures, furniture etc and should be viewed as such. It is 180 degrees from being like a Premier Inn (which we love also!!) .

Be careful when both pulling into the drive or exiting as there is bit if a blind hill to one side.

The farm takes cash ONLY.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JohnM8
London
Reviewed May 19, 2010

I decided to organise a wekend to the peak district 2 days in advance. Too late for the area... Most B&B were already fully booked. I sent an email to Park View Farm, all their rooms were booked, but one of their 2 cottages was available and they offered us this 3 bedroom cottage for the price of a room. The 17th century cottage was charming in the middle of the country side, the interior design was very cosy and perfectly representative of the perfect dreamed cottage (see our photos).
We arrived late but Linda's husband was very kind to call a very good pub nearby to book a table for us.
Everything in the cottage was very clean and rabbits were waiting for us in the cottage's garden when we woke up in the morning.
Linda was nice enough to offer us the breakfast (the cottage is supposed to be self-cattering). We had a very long and nice conversation with her.
Conclusion: we'll come back. We live in London, and Park View Farm is the perfect charming place you're looking for for a countryside break. Linda and her husband are a welcoming couple. Best B&B we had so far. Thanks!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BriceInLondon

Been to Park View Farm? Share your experiences!